S2: Effed Around and Found Out

.
.
.
.
.
.

============================================================

Artemis: Mason.

Mason awakes to Artemis shaking him awake then to hear Ace growling with tail thumping, sitting before the closed door. Artemis and Mason look at each other with serious looks and nodded. Quietly Artemis walks to the closet taking out her bow and quiver while Mason opens his drawers taking his collapseable bo staff.

Mason: Ace. Silent Night.

Ace then stopped growling and walked behind both his parents ready for action. Mason turns to Artemis does a bunch of hand gestures which she understood, slowly she walked to the door opening it slowly seeing a bunch of shadowy figures walking around whispering in Russian. This turned out the guys who asked Mason about his chopper.

Artemis: Russian?

She turned to her boyfriend who's already vanished only leaving her and Ace. Artemis turns to Ace and nods, she gets on one knee whispering to the dog.

Artemis: Stick to the shadows. Wait for me or Mason's whistle.

Ace wags his tail making Artemis smile petting the dog, time to get active. We slowly move past them, behind the door, to the door whose handle softly turns. We pull back as it open five men in black masks, each armed with a silenced pistol enter, fanning out and yet Artemis and Ace is nowhere to be seen... and so the hunt begins. The five masked men enter the living room, each wound tight, their silenced weapons at the ready. The lead among them enters the hallway and is shot twice; once in the shoulder, and once in the leg. As he goes down, Artemis moves past, knocking out two others, leaving the remaining gunmen to run in fear.

Artemis watches this intrigued and gave a quick whistle. While the gunman runs Ace jumps out of the shadows bits down on his ankle hard making them man scream in pain, he aims his gun down only to see Ace was nowhere to be seen, now freaking out he holds onto his bleeding ankle and hobbles down the hallway but stops now slowly backing away. From his point of view we see Mason walk out the shadows with his staff in hand and stone cold expression one that could rival Batman himself.

Mason: (in Russian, subtitled) I told you not to fuck with me no? To stay away from my girl yes?

Man: Please. I'm sorry. Don't kill me...

Mason: I don't kill. But I do shatter dreams and bodies.

With a quick swipe he breaks the man's leg before he could scream his mouth was covered by Mason with one arm. He then slammed the butt of his staff against his skull knocking him out cold. Artemis walks over dragging the rest of the gunman to the leader, she then turns to Mason.

Artemis: Police are on their way. These are the guys you told me about?

Mason: Yup. They followed us here. Cheeky bastards.

Artemis then leaned over kissing his cheek smiling.

Artemis: Your girl huh?

Mason: You can speak Russian?

Artemis: Picked it up from my boyfriend who's has such a way with languages.

Mason: Except for Mandarin.

Mason chuckles pulling her close while Ace decided to be a troll and take a piss on the leader. They looked down the hall seeing the door open and Wally with a pretty peeved look.

Wally: Do you mind? Some people have class in the morning!

He then slams the door making the couple laugh even more. There's a knock the door. Artemis puts the bow and quiver in the closet while Mason collapses the staff giving it to Ace who runs to their room, walks to the door, and peers through the keyhole to see the cops standing on their porch. A beat... and Artemis slips the arrows in the closet, Mason unlocks and opens the door. An awkward pause, then-

Cop: Evenin', kids.

Mason: Evenin', Officer.

Cop: You seem to handle them just fine.

Artemis and Mason follows his gaze... to see that an unconscious gunmen is in the officer's direct line of sight.

Artemis: Yea...just defending a few things from the robbers.

Ah. Well, then... you two sorted that out however you can. I'll take their asses to the station. But I got one more question... how did two college kids beat up five armed burglars?

Mason: I'm a 5th degree black belt 'I'm the son of the deadliest woman. So technically I'm more deadlier than her.'

Artemis: I was took self defense lessons. 'My dad trained me to be a killer.'

Mason: Thanks, officer...

A few more officers walk in dragging the unconscious thugs out the house.

Officer: Good night, you two.

Artemis: Good night, officer.

The cop turns, takes a few steps, hesitates, and turns back tipping his cap. Once that was over Mason sighs looking at Artemis who smiles at him. She walks over and jumps into Mason's arms. They begin making out, the scene now cuts to the couple in bed now relaxing with a sigh, Mason and Artemis turn now facing each other with a smile and snuggled close to his chest gently playing with his dogtags she looks up at Mason who had a look as if he was in a deep thinking process.

Artemis: Mason?

Mason: Hm?

Artemis: You're, doing your Batman thinking face again.

Mason: Sorry. I was just thinking.

Artemis: About?

Mason: Growing up... my childhood got taken from me by the Shadows. Then after I escaped, I didn't think I'll ever be able to get the laso of my childhood back... so i sold what was left of that to become a defender of Gotham. Me becoming Red Robin probably sealed my fate of ever having a normal life, until...

Artemis leans up slightly confused.

Artemis: Until what?

Mason: I met this archer who was extremely good with a bow. She was kinda of a pain at first but I got used to her. Then we fell in love, have a house together, go to the same college, have a puppy that's basically like our kid. Now... all i want in life is to be by your side.

Artemis only chuckles nuzzling into his chest as Mason kisses her forehead as they both close their eyes before Mason gets the last word in.

Mason: Y'know you're walking him in the morning right?

Artemis: Don't ruin the mood.

At the end of their bed showed Ace circling around before finally resting his head on the mattress, while the happy couple were shown already asleep in each other's arms, the camera pans out to Artemis' side of the bed where the lamp was showing a picture of her and Mason together in their cap and gown with Mason holding the camera and Artemis kissing his cheek.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

===========================================================
Mason: My name is Mason "fuck around and found out" Wu-San Woods.