Argus

(This takes place during Image, Amanda Waller who has a slight disinterest in super heroes has no choice but to ask Batman for his help after one of her ARGUS ships is taken hostage. So after Batman sends The Team off he privately assigns Artemis and Mason to aid Waller's A.R.G.U.S. strike force.)

Indian Ocean; November 23rd, 23:56 EST
-

Later at night, a military plane flew low over the Indian Ocean, carrying Red, Artemis, and Argus STRIKE team, all in uniform, to their mission. Red wore a all dark black suit with a silver R on the front, Artemis wore here outfit but it all black instead, and the rest wore black tactical gear. Rick Flagg, the leader of the ARGUS team, briefed the team on the mission.

Flagg: Target is a mobile satellite launch platform, the Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when the pirates took them, 93 minutes ago.

He said quickly as he showed a layout of the ship below on the screen.

Mason: How many pirates?

Flagg: Twenty-five. Top mercenaries, led by this guy: Slade Wilson. Man has a reputation for maximum casualties. Which is where you two come in.

Soldier: I thought Waller was gonna send us actual heroes not kids cosplaying.

Artemis: Call us kids again and you'll see exactly why Batman sent me.

Mason: All right. I'll sweep the deck and take Slade. Arrow, kill the engines and wait for instructions. Flagg, sweep aft, get the hostages, get them to the life pods, get them out.

Flagg: ARGUS, you heard the bird. Gear up!

He ordered his men. Mason walked towards the opening of the plane where Artemis was checking the mics.

Mason: Secure channel 7?

He asked to test his mic.

Artemis: Channel 7 secure. Y'know we could've been doing something fun Saturday night?

She asks teasingly.

Mason: Well I forgot to pick up your corsage and my tux so, no.

He said, trying to brush off the feeling of sadness.

Flagg: Coming up on the drop zone, Red.

The voice on the radio announced as the back of the plane opened.

Artemis: You know, if you had asked me to the dance, I'd probably say yes.

Mason: That's why I don't ask.

He replied as he secured his utility belt to his waist.

Artemis: Too shy or too scared?

She taunted, knowing full well Mason was neither.

Mason: Too busy!

He called over the roar of the plane, then jumped out into the night. An agent went wide-eyed as he stared at the spot Mason had just vacated.

Soldier: Was he wearing a parachute?

Flagg: No.

Said Flagg as he tightened his gloves and smirked in admiration.

Flagg: No, he was not.

Ever since being taken in by Batman, Mason had been able to do super-human like feats. Jumping out of an airplane that was several hundred feet in the air and into the water below was nothing; in fact, it was thrilling. And Mason loved the thrill. He always had. The rush of excitement and sharpening of focus was exhilarating.