S2: Happy New Year

THE WATCHTOWER
JANUARY 1, 03:21, EST

Batman, Red Robin, Robin, Aquaman, Aqualad, Red Tornado and Captain Marvel are sitting around the table in the meeting room on the Watchtower. Six Leaguers are displayed on a holo-screen: Martian Manhunter, John Stewart, Wonder Woman, Hawkwoman, Superman, and Batman.

Robin: The entire League was under Savage's spell for just over a day. We've accounted for most of that time.

Mason: But the six heavy hitters of the League went missing for a full sixteen hours we can't account for.

Batman: Sixteen hours. What did we do?

.
.
.
.
.
.

============================================================

We open to a snowy park before moving below ground. Superboy is running through a sewer tunnel, and skids to a stop next to a pile of clay. He kneels and feels it, then throws it to the side. A clay tendril comes up out of the water, wraps around him and pulls him into a surfacing Clayface.

Clayface: You always fall for this gag!

He laughs while Superboy struggles to escape but is slowly pulled deeper into Clayface's body.

Clayface: Struggle all you want, kid! Even a Kryptonian has to breath! laughs again

Miss Martian: Let him go.

She flies in and becomes visible and uses telekinesis to pull Clayface away from Superboy. Superboy falls free, gasping for breath. Clayface attacks with a roar.

Miss Martian: Delta squad, we've flushed the target. Convert on our signal.

Clayface: We can play at this all day, missy. Nothing you can do can hurt me!

Robin runs past behind Clayface and throws two Batarangs at him. They embed in his back, electrifying him. Clayface's head turns, and he laughs. He ejects the Batarangs with ease.

Clayface: That don't work anymore!

Superboy reaches into pocket, pulling out a small capsule.

Superboy: Then try this!

Clayface turns with a roar. Superboy flicks the capsule into his tapping mouth. It goes down Clayface's throat. He gags, and the capsule explodes inside him. Foam begins to burst from his body, rendering him immobile.

Superboy: Distraction went off as planned, Robin. Thanks.

Robin stepped from shadows revealing that it wasn't Dick or Mason. But another Robin.

Robin: Just happy it worked.

An alligator comes from a nearby pipe, reverting to Beast Boy's natural form.

Beast Boy: Aww, man, is it over already? I didn't even get a souvenir for the trophy room.

Blue Beetle then flies in from off screen.

Blue Beetle: Eww, dude, I think that smell qualifies.

Bumblebee flies in, circling Clayface's head. He follows her progress. She grows to normal size, and lands beside Miss Martian and Superboy. Miss Martian removes her hood, touches the ear piece.

Miss M: Delta squad to Cave, target neutralized.

Nightwing: Good work, Delta. Come on home. Nightwing out.