Lurking Shadows

Thanks for the reviews and comments people!! And here comes the next chapter...a short one!! Please comment!! Do let me know what ya think!! Okay!!

After a few years

Sakshi looked again and again at her portfolio as she and her friends were ready for their second interview for their first job in a great IT industry. They have fairly scored in their graduation and were feeling lucky to be shortlisted for this campus placement.

Preeti and Archana revised some questionnaires that they would be asked as they sat next to Sakshi. They are excited for the last 3 months for this interview.

"Ms Sakshi Sharma!"

A tall young woman called her name. Sakshi looked up.

"you are next!" The woman informed.

"Best of luck!" Preeti and Archana hug her.

Sakshi firmly smiled at her friends as she started to walk to the cabin of the Chairman. He was personally conducting the interview.

She knocks on the door.

"Come in!" someone calls. She opens the door.

"Good morning Sir!" She greeted the man, not even looking up to see who was sitting on the chair.

She looked up and froze.

She visibly gasps as she sees the man. Has she ever met this man in her life? Maybe not, but she sure has seen this face and can recognize this face in a heartbeat.

She didn't need to think twice as she almost felt a deja vu upon seeing him. Again.

Arjun.

Sakshi's heart began to thud loudly against her rib cage as she saw him again in front of her

Sakshi's face lit up as Arjun looked strangely at her. He was wearing a dazzling suit. She couldn't believe her eyes. She never thought she would ever see him again in this lifetime. He swiftly gets up from his chair and walks up to her. She could feel herself nervous all over. The same feeling. The feel of love. All over again.

"Ms Sharma? Main apse kuch puch raha hu, are you okay?" The chairman asks as her bewildered expression confuses him.

"ha...no?" She dumbly responded.

"Are you okay?" The chairman asks again. Sakshi couldn't understand his simple question. Arjun was speaking in English? How is this possible? How is he casually just standing there and not running to hug her... or do anything that will ease her pain? Sakshi couldn't understand how calmly he looked until now.

"Ap kaun ho?" She stupidly asks.

The chairman blinked at her for a second before dialling a number on his receiver. The secretary instantly excuses herself inside his chamber and introduces Sakshi to him.