8: Ah...fuck

ALEX

I stood there in the bathroom, my back against the wall. My thoughts were empty, devoid of any understanding of what had just transpired.

I found it difficult to accept the reality of what I had just experienced - engaging in a sexual encounter with someone I considered my enemy. 

The source of my repulsion was not the fact that it was with a man, but the realization that it was with Leo, someone I loathed.

My disdain for Leo ran deep. 

When he initially kissed me, I was shocked, but the second kiss shattered something within me, and I became lost in that moment.

"Fuck!" I shouted in anger, replaying the encounter in my mind. My fury surged, and I couldn't hold it in. I hastily adjusted my clothes, put on my T-shirt, and left the bathroom.

I needed an outlet for this rage; otherwise, it threatened to consume me entirely. I was overwhelmed by self-disgust and the need to find a way to release my pent-up emotions.

As I made my way out of the bathroom, suddenly two figures emerged before me, causing me to stumble back in shock.

"What the hell?" I shot an angry look at Ethan and Aiden.

"That's exactly our question: what the hell is going on?" Ethan exclaimed with a stern voice. I stared at them, perplexed.

"What?" They both took a sharp breath as their eyes exchanged a tense glare.

"What's happening between you and Leo?" Aiden inquired, and I narrowed my eyes.

"What are you talking about? There's nothing happening," I blurted out, but my panic was evident in my voice. They both laughed in disbelief.

"You can't lie to us; everything is clear in front of our eyes," Ethan stated as his gaze trailed down my body.

I followed his line of sight and looked down, realizing I was wearing Leo's T-shirt.
"Shit," my heart seemed to leap into my throat. How have I missed this? My face grew hot with embarrassment.

"So," Ethan prompted, and I shifted my gaze to him. They were both waiting for an explanation.

They were my best friends, so telling them the truth shouldn't be a problem, but this felt so disgusting. I knew they wouldn't let me off the hook without answers.

Trying to escape the uncomfortable moment, I walked towards the exit, and they followed. We reached our car, and I slid into the back seat. Aiden took the driver's seat, and Ethan sat beside me.

Aiden didn't start the car; they both kept their eyes fixed on me. I couldn't bring myself to meet their gaze and turned my head away.

"we had sex"

I clenched my teeth, struggling to find the right words. They slipped out of my mouth, and their eyes widened in disbelief, covering their mouths in shock.

"I don't..." I was stumbling, frustration gnawing at my mind.

"I don't know how this happened," I managed, running my hands through my hair.

They exchanged astonished glances.

"You fell in love with Leo?" Ethan suddenly asked, prompting a glare from me.

"Are you out of your mind? Love? Him?" I was seething with anger. Ethan straightened up and leaned back in his seat.

"No, you see, you can't just have sex with anyone if you don't feel anything," Ethan reasoned.