worry about him

Adrian, his concern palpable, asked, "What's happened to him? Why can't he move?"

The other doctor, after reviewing the monitors, explained,
"It appears to be a temporary paralysis, possibly due to the impact of the accident. We'll need to run some tests to determine the extent and cause. In the meantime, let's administer the prescribed treatment and monitor his condition closely."

Ethan nodded, his expression serious. "Please, do whatever is necessary to help him recover."

As they continued to work on me, I couldn't shake the fear that this could be a long-term issue.

Despite not having completed our graduation yet, we were well-versed in medical knowledge, enabling us to understand the doctors' discussions and actions. Their concern about my condition was evident to us.

The doctors carefully explained the treatment plan and the tests they intended to run to diagnose the cause of my temporary paralysis.

it was my family's hospital. My father held the position of president here, and both my sister and mother were doctors.

In this familiar setting, I knew I didn't have to worry. My family would go to any length to ensure my healing and recovery.

As the doctors left, leaving me with Aidan and Ethan, a pressing question burned in my mind.

"How long was I unconscious?" I inquired anxiously.

Aidan and Ethan exchanged glances, their expressions conveying a sense of unease that sent a shiver down my spine.

"Just tell me," I demanded, my voice barely whispering.

"It's been a month," Ethan finally answered.

My eyes widened in shock, struggling to comprehend the reality of the situation.

Unconscious for an entire month—I couldn't believe it.
The gravity of the revelation sank in, leaving me speechless and overwhelmed.

All I could think about was Leo and how he must have felt during my absence.
My mind raced with questions.
What had happened during this time? How was Leo?
Was he okay? The urgency to see him overwhelmed me, my heart aching to know if he was safe and well.

"Did you meet Leo? How is he?"
I asked urgently, my heart pounding in my chest as I awaited their response.
Aidan and Ethan exchanged another somber glance before Ethan spoke up.
I could sense the hesitation in their response.

As Ethan began to speak, his voice weighed down with concern, and a knot formed in my stomach.

"We have seen him, but he never talks to us," he explained, his words carrying a sense of frustration.

"We're tired of trying to reach out, but he always avoids us."

My worry intensified.

"What do you mean?" I asked, my voice betraying my unease. The thought of not knowing how Leo was faring during my month-long absence was unbearable.

"He seems to be struggling," Aidan added, his tone mirroring Ethan's concern.

"Both physically and emotionally. We've witnessed Anya and him arguing all the time. It's taking a toll on Anya's health as well because of the tension between them. There's clearly something wrong between them, but Anya always brushes off our inquiries."
The weight of their words settled heavily on me, filling me with a sense of helplessness.

"How could this happen?" I murmured, more to myself than to them. "I should have been there for him."

"We know you would have if you could," Ethan reassured me, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"But you need to focus on your own recovery now."
Aidan nodded in agreement. "Leo needs you to be strong for him when you're back on your feet. Right now, your health comes first."

I nodded, grateful for their reassurance, but anxiety gnawed at me relentlessly.

I needed to know Leo's condition, to see him with my own eyes and know that he was safe.

As the minutes ticked by, each one feeling like an eternity, I found myself consumed by worry.

What if something had happened to him? What if he was in pain or suffering?

I couldn't bear the thought of being separated from him any longer. With every fiber of my being, I yearned to see him, to hold him close and reassure myself that he was okay.
But for now, all I could do was wait, my heart heavy with the weight of uncertainty.

Later, I discovered that my family had taken measures to block any news about my accident, effectively keeping it a secret from everyone.

In my university, rumors circulated that I had gone abroad, unaware of the reality of my situation. Despite the severity of my accident, I managed to recover much faster than anyone anticipated, which brought relief to those around me.

"Are you sure about this?" Aidan asked as I stepped out of the car, seeking confirmation of my decision. I nodded, offering him reassurance, though I could sense his helplessness as he drove away.

Once Aidan's car disappeared from view, I turned my attention to the building before me—an engineering structure. Checking the time on my watch, I realized it was nearing the end of Leo's class. It had been two months since I last saw him, and there were countless things I wanted to share with him.