12: The Game Began

Alex

"Where have you been?" Ethan asked as I returned to my friends.

"I was out, speaking with my mom," I lied, scanning the area to find Leo, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"What are you looking for?" Ethan asked, his eyes following mine. I looked at him and shook my head.

"Nothing," I replied, but he narrowed his eyes, clearly not believing me.

"This man is so complicated; he can easily detect my lies," I thought to myself. Ethan sighed.

"They just left," he informed, and I shot him a confused look. Ethan shook his head.

"Leo and Anay," he clarified.

"I'm not looking for them. Why would I?" I tried to deny it, scanning my eyes around. Ethan chuckled.

"I know you're not. But I thought I should inform you," he said, waving to Aiden, who was engaged with a group of girls in the distance.

Aiden quickly joined us, and we made our way out. As we stepped outside, I spotted Leo and Anay.

Leo was leaning against his bike, and Anay was speaking on the phone. 

Aiden got into his car, and Ethan accompanied me to my car. My car was parked near Leo's bike.

I fixed my eyes on Leo, hoping he would look at me, but he didn't even bother to acknowledge me. My palms turned into tight fists, and my anger surged.

"Hi, guys," Anay noticed us and turned to us with a smile, hanging up her call.

"We thought you guys left already," Ethan said as we stood in front of her.

"No, we are waiting for our ride," Anay said, her eyes briefly meeting Leo's before turning to us again.

"Ride? What happened to your car?" Ethan asked.

"I didn't bring it. Leo brought me here, and he's drunk now, so I don't want him to drive his bike," Anay explained.

"You're just making it a big deal. You know it's nothing for me. I can handle it," Leo said, wrapping his arms around Anay's waist from behind.

I suddenly felt my control slipping; I was ready to confront Leo and pull him away, but Ethan grabbed my hand.

I shot him an angry look, but he shook his head in warning.

"Why don't you guys join us? I haven't had any drinks, so I'll drop you," Ethan offered.

"That's great, thank you so much," Anay replied, excited about the offer.

"But..." Leo began to protest, but Anay intervened.

"Please," she pleaded, giving him a pouty expression. I could clearly see how much he cared for her, which I couldn't stand. Leo opened the car door for Anay, and she got into the back seat, with Leo following.

Ethan and I sat in the front seat.

"So, how long have you known each other?" Ethan asked Anay as we started driving.

"We've been together since school," Anay said. I could hear the excitement in her voice, but I closed my eyes and leaned on my seat. I knew I'd probably lose my mind if I watched them colliding in the back seat.

"Wow! Indeed, you both look perfect for each other," Ethan exclaimed, his excitement palpable in his voice.

"Everyone says that. He makes me perfect," Anay responded, her voice suddenly becoming softer. I opened my eyes and glanced at them through the rearview mirror.

Anay was resting in Leo's arms, his hold secure around her. I gritted my teeth, my eyes fixed on them.

"He came into my life like a savior. One day, I was going home after school, and some boys stopped me on my way, trying to bully me. Then Leo showed up and saved me from them. At that time, we didn't even know we were in the same class. When we went to school the next day, we finally noticed each other, and we became friends. After that, no one dared to even raise a finger at me. He stood by me in every difficulty and happiness," Anay reminisced, looking at Leo with a smile.

Leo caressed her cheek and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I can leave the world, but not you," Leo stated, and they both laughed. I felt like I would suffocate to death, so I turned my eyes to the outside.

I peered outside attentively when Ethan brought the car to a stop. We had arrived at the front of the apartment building.

"Thank you so much for dropping us," Anay expressed her gratitude as they both stepped out of the car.

I glanced at Ethan, puzzled. He shrugged, indicating he had no idea why Anay chose to get off here. As far as we know she lives in a medical dorm.  

"Aren't you going to your room?" Ethan inquired, tilting his head and looking at Anay, who stood outside.

"No, I'm staying tonight with Leo. Thank you, bye, see you," she replied, waving her hand. Ethan gave her an awkward smile.

I turned to look at Leo, but he still wasn't looking at me. His gaze remained fixed on Anay.

Anay walked over to him, and he wrapped his arm around her waist as they headed toward the building. A knot formed in my heart, bitterness growing within me.

"This is perfect for everyone. Stop looking at them as if you want to swallow them alive," Ethan's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I took a sharp breath and leaned back.

"You clearly saw how much they loved each other. I'm sure what happened between you and Leo was just a mistake," Ethan added as he started the car. I glared at Ethan.

He shook his head helplessly.

 "Look, Alex, I know you lied to me earlier. You didn't go to talk to your mother; you went after Leo. I don't know what's going on in your head, but I'm sure you're not up to anything good. Before, we were just playing with Leo because he was the only one who dared to stand up to us. But now, you're taking it too far. Don't let your ego ruin someone else's happiness," Ethan said, and I chuckled.

"You know me fucking so well," I said, not surprised by his words. We've known each other since childhood, perfectly aware of each other's thoughts. I could never lie to him; even if I tried, he could decipher it without a single word from me.

"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing," I said as I turned my eyes outside.

"Alex," Ethan began, but I cut him off.

"You know, once I decide, you can't change my mind. So don't try. And don't worry, I don't have any serious intentions with Leo. I know my place. I just want to have some fun for a while," I said, unable to hide my smile. Ethan sighed, clearly worried about my actions.

"This is going to be fun, don't you think?" I said, looking at Ethan. His eyes were filled with worry, but I just gave him a bright smile, a clear sign of my devious plan.

I chuckled as I focused on the road and took a deep breath. I was determined to make Leo fall on his knees in front of me. He had started this by playing with my emotions, and now it was my turn. I was going to shatter his love life.

He shouldn't have challenged me by ignoring me. He has no idea what I'm capable of, and he is about to find out.

Hello, my exquisite readers, I'm on Patreon now. 💓💓💓💓

"Join my Patreon community to provide essential support that assists me in covering living expenses and bills. Your valuable contribution serves as a motivating force for my writing endeavors. As a Patreon member, you'll enjoy the perk of accessing two chapters ahead of the public release."💝💝

Link on my profile.

💖💖💖🙏🙏I'd be immensely grateful if you could take a moment to share your thoughts and impressions by leaving a comment and casting your vote. Your invaluable support inspires me to keep weaving tales that resonate with your hearts.
Thank you for being part of this journey with me. Your voices matter, and I can't wait to hear what you think.💖💖💖💝💝