RIVALS

{2}

16 Years Later

Y/n groggily rubbed her eyes as the sun's rays began flooding her room, signaling the start of a brand-new day. Stretching out like a cat, she carefully maneuvered her way out of bed and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

As she made her way downstairs, the delicious scent of breakfast filled the air. Y/n's mother, Mrs. Jung, was already in the kitchen, flipping pancakes on the stove. Y/n's stomach growled in anticipation as she approached her.

Y/n- Good morning, Mom!

She greeted with a wide grin.

Y/n- Those pancakes smell amazing.

Her mother turned around and patted Y/n's cheek lovingly.

Y/m- Morning, my love. Breakfast will be ready in a few minutes. Sit down, make yourself comfortable.

Hoseok- Morning, sleepyhead!

Hoseok cheerfully exclaimed, poking his head out from behind the kitchen counter. Clad in his favorite pajamas, he looked like he had just stepped out of a magazine photoshoot for chilled-out mornings.

Y/n grinned, her eyes still heavy with sleep.

Y/n- Morning, superstar. Trying to impress the world with your culinary skills?

She teased, her voice dripping with sarcasm. He feigned shock, placing one hand over his heart.

Hoseok- Impress the world? Nah, just trying to impress you, sis. Because you know, elder brother goals.

He replied, winking mischievously at her. Rolling her eyes, Y/n made her way towards the coffee pot, pouring herself a steaming cup.

Y/n- Oh, please. As if you could ever impress me with anything

She shot back, taking a sip and relishing in the warmth that spread through her body. Hoseok dramatically clutched his chest, feigning hurt.

Hoseok- Ouch, that one hurt. I'll have you know that I've been practicing my cooking skills for weeks, just so I could make your taste buds explode with delight."

She chuckled, shaking her head.

Y/n- Explode, huh? I think I'd rather not risk it. Remember the last time you tried to cook us dinner? Let's just say it was a close call with the fire department.

He pouted, mock hurt still etched on his face.

Hoseok- Hey, it was just a small kitchen mishap. Okay, maybe it was a big mishap, but I'm a pro now. No more accidental kitchen fires, I promise.

Y/n raised an eyebrow, clearly not convinced.

Y/n-Alright, Mr. Pro-Chef. I'll believe it when I see it. But please, for the sake of our taste buds and our house, let's keep the cooking experiments to a minimum, okay?