gansta's paradise - javon

-Javon and Y/N have been aged up to 23 and Javon has made his professional boxing debut already, this is a boxing match-

Javon's pov:

Today is the day of one of the biggest fights of my career and , hopefully, the day i get engaged to my girlfriend y/n.

Obviously she doesn't know about this but when i win, i'm going to propose to her.

Right now we're on the way to the arena to get me ready for the fight.

We made it to the arena and were walking to the locker rooms right now.

"I'm excited for you, I know you'll win" y/n states as she looks up towards me while we're walking through the door.

"i'm glad to hear you believe in me, baby" i chuckle lightly and we finally made it into my section of the locker room.

I put my bags in the locker and my dad and Jayla walk in behind us. My dad starts talking to me and Jayla and y/n walk out to go get drinks i think.

My dad knows what i'm planning but he's also trying to make sure i'm keeping focused on the fight for the moment.

-time skip-

it's time to walk to the ring for the fight to start and i have y/n on my left, Jayla on the right, and my dad behind me.

the announcer starts talking, introducing my opponent. Now, me.

"And in the blue corner, WANNA WALTON!"

we walk through the curtain as my walk-out song starts playing. Gangsta's Paradise.

"...But i ain't never crossed a man that didn't deserve it
Me be treated like a punk, ya know that's unheard of
You betta watch how you talkin' and where you walkin'
Or you and ya homies might be lined in chalk."

We've made it to the ring and i'm in it, my family on the outside, well Jayla, y/n and dad. My mom is with  Daelo in the crowd.  Jaden's standing on the outside of the ring but on the ground.

i lean over the ropes and give y/n a kiss and she wishes me luck and jaden helps her down. They walk into the crowd to Mom and Daelo, first row.

The bell rings and we start the first round.

-time skip-

The bell just rang, to end the fight. Now, the winner. god let me win this...

"And your winner... WANNA WALTON!!"

I let out a sigh i didn't know i was holding and shake hands with my opponent while the crowd screams.

A guy with a microphone gets in the ring, as well as my dad and y/n.

"Is there anything you would like to say to the world after your victory tonight?" the guy asks me, after the crowd dies down a bit.

"I do have one thing to say. First, thank you to my team and my family for your help along the way of this fight. Second, y/n, baby come here"

I take the microphone from the guy and reach my left hand out to her. she grabs it and i pull her to me.

"I wanna say thank you for all you do for me, angel."

"Now, I told myself i would never do this after a fight, but I can't wait any longer to do this. You've been by my side since we were 13, we've made it 10 years together and I have every intention to spend the rest of my life with you, if you'll let me."

She's pieced it together because she has tears in her eyes. There's also a camera guy in front of us.

I reach over to Jayla and she hands me the ring box. I hand the mic to my dad and get down on one knee. Dad holds the mic in front me so i can actually be heard.

"Make me the happiest i'll ever be, baby. Will you marry me?"

The crowd is dead silent waiting for an answer.

Dad moves the mic to y/n and she grabs it lightly.

"YES!"

the crowd screams.

I put the ring on her left hand and stand up, i pull her into a kiss and hug her.

everyone around us is cheering, too.

In the background i can hear Gangsta's Paradise

"Been spendin' most their lives
Livin' in a gangsta's paradise
Been spendin' most their lives
Livin' in a gangsta's paradise
Keep spendin' most our lives
Livin' in a gangsta's paradise
Keep spendin' most our lives
Livin' in a gangsta's paradise..."

....................................................................................
y'all i am so sorry i haven't been updating this book 😭 shits been wild lately, but i'm back!!