Chapter One

I placed the plates on the table in front of the two customers. Asking them if they needed anything else, after a quick no I walked away. I made my way back up to the front taking off my smock and sitting it on the counter. I waved goodbye to my uncle and older brother as I walked out of the restaurant. Outside stood my older sister, twin brother, and cousin.

"You ready," my twin brother Leland asked me. Leland and I both have red hair and green eyes.

"Yes, let's go," I said with a smile getting into the back seat.

"Are you guys ready for your first day of college," asked Hazel with a smile. Hazel has long red hair with blue eyes.

"I'm glad we get to go because I never thought we would," My cousin Sammuel said, "because you know money." Sammuel has Brown hair and blue eyes.

"Thankfully there's scholarships," Hazel said.

"Thankfully there's soccer," Leland said.

"To soccer," Sammuel said lifting a cup of coffee he took from the restaurant.

"To soccer," Leland replied holding up his own cup of coffee.

"To being smart am I right Lucy," she said holding up her coffee.

"I didn't bring coffee," I said, "but yes to smarts."

"Are you serious," Sammy asked turning to me after a while of our driving "Look at this." He shoved his phone up into my face. It was an Instagram post from Tracy Buchannon, we don't like her after she made up a rumor about Sammy and me. She was all over Hazel's ex-boyfriend Micheal.

"Are you serious," I said, "can she not leave us alone."

"Wait what's she doing now," Hazel asked.

"She's with your ex," I said.

"She can have my sloppy seconds I'm done with him," She replies.

"Good for you," LeeLee said as we pulled up to the college.

We have always lived in a college town and planned to go to school here. We got out after saying a quick goodbye to each other and walked our separate ways. I saw a few kids from my high school, but there were a lot of people I didn't know. I made my way to my first class we were kind of running late due to the restaurant being so busy. I entered the classroom, starting the walk to an open seat at the back.

A voice came from behind me "what the diner can't afford to teach its employees how to make a burger. What a Loser." A few people snickered behind me. I knew that voice was Tracy, I kept my head down making my way to the back when I tripped.

"Loser," a male's voice shouted I didn't know him, but he sat beside Julia otherwise known as Tracy's best friend. Everyone started to laugh.

"Fuck off Connor," another voice said I felt two hand's wrap around my arm "come on stand up." He has a muscular build, brown hair and eyes. I stood up to meet his eyes, giving him a smile. "You okay."

"Yes, thank you," I said.

"Come on let's go," he said motioning with his head towards the back of the room. We sat down at the back table.

"I'm Lucian," I said holding out my hand to him.

"Tyler," He said, "I thought you were."

I cut him off "Leland."

"Well yes," he said.

"Well, we are twins, so it happens," I said.

"Really?"