Chapter 16

We sat back-to-back; our hands tied to the chairs we sat in. Ajax was fighting against the ropes to try and get free. I kept feeling him tug on the ropes. Then a miracle happened, the ropes came loose. I felt him lean down to untie the ropes around his ankles. He then stood up walking over to me, he untied me.

"Hey as soon as he comes back in here, I'm going to distract him I want you to run," he said, "Run and don't look back okay."

"You can't," I said, "I can't leave you."

"Your life is far more important than mine," he said "I'm not like you Lucian. I'm not a good person, I've done thing's bad thing's horrible things."

"You're my friend," I said to him.

"I am," He said "I'm your friend which is why I have to do this. Please when I distract my brother get out of here."

"But" I said I heard the jingle of key's being stuck in the door. I watched as the door swung open Aaron entering the room. I watched as Ajax tackled Aaron to the ground again, striking him again.

"Run," he shouted.

I took off out the front door running down the street. It was super dark out and some of the streetlights were out. I couldn't tell which way I was going. The stone-cold rock hurt my feet as I ran across the concrete barefooted. I felt my toe catch something. I felt the air whoosh past my face. I felt the sting of concrete breaking flesh. But I couldn't think about the pain right now I had to keep going.

I struggled to stand back up but once I did, I started to move again. I heard the tires squeal against the pavement. I raced over to a nearby car ducking down behind it. I watched as the taillights passed me only for a new set of headlights turn onto the road. Screech! Whoosh! I looked up to see a bus a little way down from me. I stood racing over to it and stepping on.

"I need to borrow your phone please," I said to the driver.

"You okay kid," he asked me, standing up.

"Please let me borrow your phone I need to call the police," I said.

"Lucy," a voice said I turned to see Mac a few seats down he had stood up. I raced over to his open arms "it's okay I'll call the cops. What happened?"

"My friends and I were at this place. That one guy that you saved me from the other day showed up, so Oli and I were let's get out of here. We made it to the parking lot and met up with another friend and his boyfriend who agreed to drive us somewhere safe since we had been drinking. Except the boyfriend drove us where my ex was hiding out. Oli was able to get away. Then Ajax distracted him so I could get away. He's probably hurt or dying somewhere."

"Okay," he said pulling out his phone calling the police and relaying the information "this wouldn't happen to be on 666 South Sycamore Street, would it?"

"I don't know it was a couple blocks from here," I said.

"Sycamore Street is about three blocks that way," the elderly bus driver said pointing in the same direction I came from.

"I came from that way," I said.

"It's very possible officer I could walk him back that way and see if he recognizes it," mac said.

"I'll drive you," the driver said.

"You won't get in trouble," I asked.

"This is worth braking policy over and I think everyone here agrees," he said, "alright folks were going on a detour."

Mac and I sat down on the seat together. I watched out the window as we drove down the same dark streets I ran down earlier. I watched as we approached the house. Out front sat several police cars and an ambulance. I was up once the bus slowed to a stop. I made my way over to the doors they opened and the two of us got off.