Chapter Three

"Oh, come on please come watch a movie with us," Hazel begged.

"I'm sorry I have plans," I said.

"What's going on with you," Sammy asked.

"Nothing," I said.

"Of course, there is," Sammy shouted.

"Sam," Leland tried weakly.

"No Lee he needs to hear this. I don't know what's going on with you, but I'm worried about you. It's not just the not wanting to hang out with us thing. You look sick Lu, you haven't been eating, you look as if you haven't slept in weeks, you moved out, you changed your major, the accidents, the bruises, you never come by the restaurant anymore, when you do your always in a rush. I'm worried about you," he said almost reaching out to me "please just tell me what's going on."

"There's nothing going on. I'm sorry that your ego is so big that you don't understand that I'm busy," I said, "I have to go," I raced out the door.

***

"Hi baby," Aaron said ruffling my hair "I missed you."

"I missed you too," I said smiling up at him. That's when I noticed three other guys in the room.

"Who these guys," I asked.

"Listen baby I made a bad deal," he said, "and I need you to do that thing again."

"No please," I shouted backing towards the door "please let me go."

"Baby you have to do this for me," he said grabbing me "they're going to hurt me if you don't."

"No, I can't please I'll ask my uncle," I said.

"If you won't to listen to reason," He said motioning to me "do whatever you want. We could have done this the easy way if you just listened." The three guys moved forward threateningly.

"No please don't," I cried running away towards the room, but I felt someone grab me pulling me violently back.

After everything happened, I stood up quietly packing my duffle bag with my most important items. I placed the bag outside the window on the fire escape leaving it cracked open. I stared at the wall blankly until I heard the door open and the party downstairs end. I heard footsteps coming towards the room. The door squeaked open, and I heard the footsteps come closer to me. I felt the bed dip as he climbed into bed with me Lying down beside me. I still hadn't moved for the longest time. But after I felt like he was asleep I stood up opening the fire escape climbing out. I pushed it down closing the window. Was I really doing this? Yes. I can't take it anymore. Why? Why did it have to be this way? Why can't we just be happy?

I raced down the stairs all six floors of them. Where do I go? I guess home my uncles won't mind. I started heading towards the house, when as I was crossing the street, I heard a loud screech. I looked to the offending obstacle to see a motorcycle. A motorcycle with two people on it stopped beside him. The rider got off walking over to me.

"What do you think you're doing this isn't a crosswalk I could have killed you," The man shouted pulling off his helmet. It was a guy from college that I occasionally seen hanging out with Maddox I'm going to call him jeff. I felt tears start welling up in my eyes. "Are you okay?"

He walked over to stand in front of me, his hand made its way to my face lightly touching my bruised face. I don't know why I did it, but I couldn't help it. I leaned forward wrapping my arms around him crying into his chest. He pushed me back slightly, bringing his hand down between us then brought it up to look at it.