Chapter 14

"So, they'll be there this weekend," I asked Red.

"Yes, Corey thinks its the best way to stop the fighting. Maddox racing for your honor. Jake racing because he got hit," Red said.

"Should I go? I don't want it to be a problem," I said.

"Yes, you should come Maddox is racing for you," Red said getting on his bike "I'll pick you up later tonight."

"Alright sounds good to me," I said walking back to Westin's door and walking in.

"Hey."

"Can I talk to you about something," I asked.

"Yeah, sure what's up," he said walking over to the couch sitting down patting the space beside him. I walked over taking a seat next to him.

"I saw one of Aaron's friends the other day," I said.

"Where?"

"He was at the track, and I'm scared that he'll be there tonight. I don't know if I should go tonight or stay home."

"It's obvious stay home," he said.

"But Maddox is defending my honor after some guy was hitting on me."

"That's very nice of him but if you feel uncomfortable don't go."

"Dylan was also there."

"Did he say anything to you."

"He stopped them from calling me a twink."

"That's good that means he's getting better."

"He called Madilynn a bitch though and I punched him."

"There's the Dylan we all know fucking dick."

"Knock knock," It was Uncle Gage as the door swung open.

"Hey Uncle Gage," we said at the same time.

"So, I was thinking what if I take the kids tonight," Uncle Gage said, "I have Layne's kid's tonight and I just figured you'd like to have a nice night out."

"I think I might have just thought of a way to solve your problem little brother," Westin said, "I'm going to go get dressed then."

***

"Hey there cutie," Red said arm wrapping around Westins waist "what made you want to come?"

"Well, I was told that someone was defending my Little Lucy's honor. As the original defender of Lucy's honor, I have to make sure my replacement is up to code," Westin said.

"Well let's go grab a beer before it starts," Red said leading us over to the Garage "Callum might have some friends here from his old race days." He opened the door it smelled like weed and cigarettes. The smell of burning flesh caught my nose. "It's not usually like this we drink and occasionally smoke, but we would usually do that outside."

"Its fine it's not going to kill me," Westin said.

"Beer then," Red asked.

"I'm driving," he said.

"Do you have to go home tonight," Red asked.

"No," Westin said.

"Then you can stay with me over at my garage," Red said, "you may even call me daddy."

"Alright then bring me a beer," Westin said rolling his eyes. He and Red walked into the room.

I went to take a step forward, but I smelled it again. The smell of burnt flesh. I licked my lips and a metallic taste formed in my mouth. I felt hand's crawling up my skin. This pain started in my wrist at first it was a dull ache and then it worked its way up to an intense pain. My chest ached and it felt like I couldn't breathe.