Chapter Ten

"You're seriously not going to the race next weekend," Red asked. We were lying on the bed together.

"No, I'm sorry Red," I said.

"What is going on here," I heard from the door I turned to see my Grandmother Maeve.

"Oh, hey grandma," I said.

"You get out of that bed Homosexuality is a sin and I will not stand for it," Maeve shouted.

"Ma what's wrong," Uncle Dennis shouted I heard his footsteps race up the stairs as well as Several others.

"These kids were up here committing Sin," Maeve shouted.

"We were just up here talking," I said Westin squeezed in between Grandma and Dennis to sit on the bed.

"They were on the bed," Maeve said.

"We were just talking," I said, "we weren't even lying down were just sitting here."

"He's not even my type," Red said then he whispered to me "I'd prefer another brother." I guess Westin heard it because he turned to look at Red his eyebrow raised. Red winked at him.

"Why don't you go see the twins Grandma," Westin said.

"Don't even get me started on that," Maeve said, "Where is the girl you two should be married and she should be taking care of these children."

"Yes, we'll you should tell me all about that downstairs Grandmother," Westin said.

"Yes, let's go," she said walking down the stairs.

"Why don't you two come downstairs too," Uncle gage says.

"Alright," I said getting up off the bed.

"Downstairs it is," Red said. We made our way downstairs following the Elders. We made our way over to the couch.

"So, you're really not coming to the race," He asked.

"No," I said.

"He is sorry."

"You guys have said that, but he hasn't, and I don't want to be there unless he wants me there. I just want to know what he wants from me and why he believed it," I said.

"But this may be the last time we get to race each other for a while," he said.

"I know and I'm sorry," I said.

"Why does his opinion of you matter," he asked.

"I-I," I started "I'm scared to say."

"Why," he asked.

"The last time I felt like this it didn't end well," I said.

"You like him," he said.

"Yes," I said.

"You poor thing," he said.

"I don't know I just want him to be okay with me again," I said.

"Oh, there you two are how are my two good Christian grandkids," Maeve's voice rang out. I watched as Westin walked over to us squatting down in front of us.

"So, Leland huh," Westin asked.

"Nope that's also not the brother I like," Red said immediately picking up on it.

"Well hopefully it's not Alex because he's only fifteen," Westin said.

"Do I have to spell it out," Red asked leaning over elbows on his knee's whispering into his ear but it was also loud enough to hear "Y-O-U."

"I have children," he said.

"They can call me papa then," he said.

"Why papa," He asked.

"That's bedroom talk," He said, "but in your grandmother's words I guess I love sinner's." Westin's head dipped trying to hide his blush.

"Hey Red can you help me move something in Madalynn's room," Westin asked Loudly looking up at his face.

"Yeah sure," he stood up following Westin to the room.

"Hey what'd I miss," Sammy asked.

"Maeve walking in on Red and I in bed," I said.

"Wait I thought you had a crush on Maddox," Sammy said.

"How did you know? Both Ava and Ally guessed it right away but Red had no idea," I said.

"That's because he's a guy," Sammy said.

"We're guys," I said.

"Yeah, but we were born different," Sammy said, "Plus were a little more feminine." I heard a door open from the back hallway. I turned to watch Red run over to us.

"What," I asked.

"He kissed me," He whispered.

"My ship is sailing," I said happily "I know it's weird to ship your family but you two are so cute."

"We should get the others together to hangout the day after the race," Sammy said.

"I can't I have to go out of town after the race for a week. Family stuff you know," he said "my brother Beau ran away from home so I'm going to talk to him.

"Family is important," I said.

"To be honest I was expecting it," Red said "our family is a lot like your grandmother. They're okay with us being gay. But they expect him to act like me. As my father would say it to act like a man. But Beau likes to do his makeup and wear girly clothes stuff like that."

"Like Lucian," Sammy said.

"Exactly like Lucian," Red said "at first, I wanted to help him because I was worried about him. Now I love hanging around him because he reminds me of Beau."

"You should bring him to hang out with us some time," I said.

"Red, are you staying for dinner," Westin asked coming over again he lightly touched Red's hand.

"No, I think I'd better head back my father need's me at home," he said.

"Can I have your number," Westin asked.

"Yeah of course hand me your phone," he said. Westin handed him his phone Red quickly put in his phone number Handing it back. Westin read it over before smacking him.

"You're lucky you're cute," Westin said.

"You know it darling," Red said, "See you soon."

"Maybe," Westin said.