Chapter 13

We arrived at the track making our way to the middle of the track. There were several other riders here. Maddox had his arm wrapped around my shoulders. Pulling me along with him. We stopped a couple of feet from the crowd.

"Stay here," he said I nodded "it'll only take a few minutes." Red gave me a wave from where he stood with his team. I smiled waving back. I watched as Maddox and the rest of his teammates walked over. I looked to the other side of the track to see Conner, Julia, Micheal, and Tracy.

"Hey Lucy," Ava said.

"Hey."

"This is Piper she doesn't usually hangout with us much outside of school," Ava said "Piper this is little red or Lucy whatever you prefer. I've heard him come to just about everything."

"Nice to meet you," she said Piper had bright pink hair bright green eyes "this is Carmen."

"Nice to meet you," Carmen said she has orange hair and green eyes.

"Piper is Callum's stepsister," Ava said, "I just thought of something you don't know."

"What," I asked.

"Callums dad is the owner of The Track," Ava said.

"But isn't Maddox the Leader of The Pheonix Warriors," I asked.

"Yes, but dad doesn't really get to pick who becomes leader," Piper said "That's up to the previous leader of the team. Callum was pissed though it was before the two of them became friends. Callum wanted to be the leader so badly, but Maddox's uncle was the previous leader. Ha-Joon wasn't going to give that spot up to anyone other than Maddox."

"Ha-Joon," I asked.

"Yeah, Maddox's Father and Uncle were originally from Korea. Maddox's name isactually Min-Joon, but he hates it," Ava said, "so how'd you manage to get dragged here?"

"Maddox and I were on a date when he got the call," I said.

"What are they doing here," Piper said looking over to five guys that entered the track from behind us.

"Who are they," I asked.

"Savages," she said.

"That's their group name," Ava said, "there's usually more of them but that's definitely four of the members."

"You see they are usually street racers," Piper said "but apparently the place they use to ride got busted. Now the person who puts on the race for them is trying to force dad to let them use this place."

"How is he going to force him to use this place," I asked.

"Well, you see Mark the person who puts on their races is dad's brother," Piper said "Mark's wife owns half of this place because she's Callum's mom. Callum lived with them until we were seventeen. That's when Mark caught him making out with another boy. Mark beat him and Callum ran away to live with us. That's why Callum didn't know Maddox till he was Seventeen. Callum and Ajax originally raced with the Savages."

"Hey there hottie where are they finding cute racers like you," a guy asked behind me. He had short blonde hair green eyes with a scar on his eyebrow.

"Back off Jake," Piper said, "he's not interested."

"Let the pretty boy speak for himself cousin dearest," The guy said "Let's flip a coin. Head's you're mine, tails I'm yours."

"Please leave me alone," I said.

"Come on I can treat you right," he said grabbing me by the shirt pulling me towards him.

"Hey, get away from him," Maddox shouted the guy was shoved away.

"Listen I was just talking to this cutie there is nothing wrong with that," Jake said.

"Yeah, I know that he's fucking cute, that's why he's fucking mine," he said.

"I don't see your name on him," Jake said.

"That's because he's my boyfriend not my property," Maddox said.

"If I want him all I have to do is take him from you," Jake says.

"Try your hardest he's mine," Maddox said.

"Hey cutie when you want a real man come to me," Jake said walking over to me touching my arm I flinched.

"Don't touch him," Maddox said pushing jake away again, but this time Jake came back throwing a punch towards Maddox. Maddox threw a punch back and before I could say anything they were on the ground fighting. I heard a loud scream.

"Stop your scaring him," Red shouted.

"It's okay I've got you," it was Callum's voice I felt his hands wrap around my arm pulling me up. When did I get on the ground? "Come on let's go."

I tried to stand up but only fell back to the ground. I felt two more hands wrap around my other arm helping pull me up. I looked up to see a man, it was the same male that had been at the restaurant with the couple. Beside him stood A man and a woman who were the couple at the restaurant. I looked back over to where the fight was happening earlier. Red was holding Maddox back. One of the guys that walked in with Jake was holding him back.

"Listen Mark if you want my permission to use the racetrack this is not the way to go about it," I'm assuming Callum's dad said.

"Look just because two boys got in a fight over a twink here," Mark said, "doesn't mean that we can't make this work Corey."

"Hey, don't talk about him like that," Red shouted letting go of Maddox for a moment.

"Hey Mark cool off the twink thing for me," A voice said.

I watched as one of the boys walked forward, it was Dylan. Dylan was my eldest brother who I haven't seen in 8 years. Dylan ran away as soon as he turned Eighteen.

"Why are you standing up for him," one of the guys asked I knew him from somewhere.

"Listen I don't like people talking rudely about you," Dylan said, "but you should get off the ground and stop being pathetic dear brother."

"Wait your brothers but you look nothing alike," Jake asked. He was probably referring to our skin color as that was the most obvious difference.

"Yeah, that's what happens when your mother sleeps with half the town," Dylan said, "what do we have three more siblings now?"

"No just one, she's amazing, and you'll never know her," I said "Just like you'll never know your niece and nephew. You lost that privilege the day you walked out on us. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to head home. I'll have Westin pick me up." I managed to stand up on my wobbly legs.

"Good I don't want to know the bitch," he said. I don't know what took over me, I walked over to him punching him in the face.

"She's not a bitch you dick," I said, "and she's ten you shouldn't talk about her that way."

"I think it's best If you leave," Corey said, "all of you Savages."

"You would take this boy's side over me your own brother," Mark said.

"I warned you before you ever showed up here today that I had a young man here that was struggling with some issues," Corey said "you came in here breaking all my set rules. We can talk about this again another day, but I think for now everyone just needs to calm down."

"Come on kid let's get you home," the man who was beside me earlier said walking over to me.

"You can stay at my house tonight," Maddox said walking over to place a kiss on my nose "let's go."