Chapter Six

"Hey, are you ready to go," Oli asked from the driver seat "Thanks for coming by the way none of the others are into this kind of thing."

"That's a lie we have three girls in our group that are totally into that type of stuff," I said.

"Music," Oli asked I rolled my eyes at his very obvious attempt to change the subject.

"Yeah of course," I said we drove to the nearest midtown mall listening to music and talking about nonsense.

After a while we pulled up and got out. Right next to the mall sharing the same parking lot stood many smaller locally owned businesses. We made our way over to Mac's Alley, a small makeup shop. It was decorated in bright colors as always it had a way of drawing you in. The interior was warm and homey. Sure, it had shelves full of the most popular products. But it also has a couch where you could sit and talk about products or just gossip. Mac loved to hear and know all the juicy gossip around town.

"Hey there's my two favorite boys'," Mac's voice rang out from where he sat on the couch coffee in hand "long time no see Lucian."

"I stopped wearing make-up," I said.

"But you're like crazy good at make-up," he said, "even better than me."

"It was embarrassing someone," I said.

"If he is embarrassed then he doesn't deserve you," Mac said.

"How have things been since I last saw you," I asked.

"Could be better but you know how it is," Mac said, "any hot gossip?"

"Well let's just say Lucy here has the hots for some guy named Maddox," Oli said.

"Well, you have the hots for Ajax," I said.

"True I'm not going to lie," Oli said, "I'm trying to impress him tonight and so I wanted to see if I feel inspired by anything."

"Oh really," he said. Ding! "Duty calls boys."

"Let me look around," Oli said.

I couldn't help it, but my eyes traveled to the make-up pallets. They were also colorful and pretty. I couldn't help but be fascinated by them. My brain immediately went to how I could use them. Then my eye's caught the eyeliner I can do a beautiful look with it.

"Why do you wear that stuff," Aaron said.

"Because it makes me happy," I said.

"Real men don't wear make-up it's for girls," Aaron said.

"Well make-up doesn't have a gender," I said.

"You shouldn't wear it. It's embarrassing," Aaron said, "you embarrassed me today by wearing that to my friends party."

"I'm not embarrassed by it so what does it matter," I said.

"Listen I said it embarrasses me you little freak," he said grabbing me by the hair. I felt his fist connect with my face as I fell to the ground. He squatted down beside me pulling his cigarettes out lighting one. He took a few drags before snubbing it out on my neck. "Use your make-up to cover that."

I reached up, my hand covering the old burn on my neck. It felt like an ancient memory, but it only happened last year. It only took one more beating for me to understand that I shouldn't be wearing make-up. But Maddox doesn't seem to have a problem with Oli wearing make-up. Maybe I could. Just one more time, I'd like to put it on one more time.

My hand reached out to a make-up Pallet. It was colorful and glittery. I picked it up then walked over to the eyeliner and mascara. I picked up both in black. Walking over to the counter.

"What do you have here Lucian," Mac said as I walked up to him.

"Oh, uh a gift for my friend," I said placing them on the counter.

"Sure, it is," he said packing them up.

"How much," I asked.

"Nothing have fun kid," he said handing it over to me.

"I see he found something," Oli said.

"Of course, he did he's like a Make-up junkie one taste and he come's running back," Mac said.

"Well, I got what I wanted," Oli said placing it on the counter.

"I'll give you a freebie too but only once," Mac said, "Now get out of here."

We made our way out the door heading over to the Smoothie Palace. Walking in and ordering some smoothies. After grabbing them we headed towards a table. Ding.

I felt several hands running along my body. Touching me in places I didn't want to be touched. I felt the sweat that was dripping off of him hitting my back. Then I felt the sharp pain of a cigarette stinging my back. After several minutes I was turned over making eye contact with the man. I felt a stinging pain across my stomach.

"Come on darling let's have some real fun," he said.

I have to get out of here. I stood up backing away from that monster. I have to go I have to run away. But I can't leave Oli. I grabbed Oli's hand pulling him towards the door.

"We have to go," I said pulling him over towards the door.

"Lucy what's wrong," he asked.

"We have to go," I said continuing to the door.

"Hello cutie," He was one of the three guys Aaron had brought over that night. He was looking Oli up and down, So I pushed Oli back behind me. "I know you, don't I?"

"No, you don't," I said pushing Oli back.

"Yes, I do. Where do I know you from?"

"You don't know me."

"Yes, I do. Your Aaron's Boyfriend, you were fun," He said, "you know we can have fun like that again." He winked at me.

"No thank you," I said pushing Oli out the doors.

"Come on pretty boys," he said.

"Run to Mac's," I said we raced three doors down to Mac's. I closed the door behind us locking it.

"What's wrong are you kids okay," Mac said.

"No," I said, "I'm not okay."

"Who was that guy," Oli asked.

"He assaulted me," I said, "as well as three other guys."

"Oh no," Mac said, "You call the cops Oli, I'll take care of him."

Mac grabbed a baseball bat out from behind the counter bringing it up to rest it on his shoulder. He made his way over to the door unlocking it. I listened to Oli as he explained the situation to the Police. Mac walked out the door pointing to the guy with his baseball bat.

"Get out of here," Mac shouted.

"Woah man I just want to talk to my friend," he said holding up his hands.

"He doesn't want to talk to you, so I suggest you leave," Mac replied, "It's time to go."

"Fine," he said backing up. Mac made his way back into the store.

"You okay kid," Mac said.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I said.