Chapter Four

I picked up Lily placing her on my hip spinning around as she giggled. I then set her down on the chair and started to put her hair up in two pigtails. She was only two so therefore there wasn't too much. I then picked her up carrying her to the kitchen.

"Wucy hair," she said.

"What about Lucys hair baby," Westin said.

"No," she said pointing to her hair "Wucy hair."

"Lucy did your hair," he asked.

"Yes," she shouted.

"Wucy hair," I felt a tug on my jeans and looked down to see Luke.

"You want me to do your hair too," I asked.

"Pwease," he said.

"Here," Westin holds his arms out for Lucy as soon as he has Lucy, I pick up Luke. Taking him back to the living room where I had the hair ties set up. "I appreciate you helping me with their hair."

"You're welcome. It just feels like I missed so much of their life's," I replied brushing Luke's hair I then pulled the top of his hair up in a ponytail.

"Tank you," he shouted running off.

"Thank you for letting me stay on the couch for the week," I said "It just feels awkward with the fight. It wasn't even a big fight we've had worse." I entered the room again sitting down at the table.

"He was worried about you, angry about not noticing what happened to you, and probably hurt that you didn't tell him about what happened. I know I'm a little hurt that you didn't tell me," Westin said.

"I was scared, and I loved him so much," I said.

"I know I understand why you didn't tell me it just hurt. It hurt that you didn't trust me. Part of me keeps wishing you had. That way I could have helped you. But I get why you didn't because if you had I would have punched him in his smug face," He said, "He just better hope the cops find him before I do."

"No violence please," I said.

"No hit daddy," Lily said.

"You heard her," I said.

"Yes, baby your right violence is never the answer," he said to her "you're sure your up to watching them for the day."

"Of course," I said, "were going to the park."

"Park," Luke yelled.

"Park," Lily yelled.

"Eat your breakfast first," I said to them.

"Run Wily," Luke yelled.

"I have to teach how to say there L's," Westin said.

After the kids finished eating, we rode with Westin into town. After we said our goodbyes to the family and I loaded them up in a two-seat stroller. We then started to make our way to the closes park. I know it very well it's the same one my siblings, cousins, and I went to as kids. I played with the kids running around the park with them. Eventually we took a snack break on a blanket I brought.

"Hey little red," a voice behind me said I turn to see Red.

"Why little red," I asked.

"That's what the group has taken to calling you," he said sitting down beside me "I think it's because I'm so much taller than you."

"I have to ask," I said, "why did your parents name you Red didn't they know you were going to be teased."

"They didn't. They named me Dalton," he said, "bullies called me Red because of the hair and now it's my lucky color."