Chapter 3

I asked "so where are we going?"

Ace says "well it's gonna be a long night so we're gonna eat first, if that's alright?"

I nod and say "yeah, that's fine." We ended up going to Burger King. Not the place where I imagined having my probably last meal, but definitely the people I wanted to have it with. And I was really shocked that when Finn mentioned that I was probably gonna die tomorrow, we got our food for free.

After we eat, I say "we're gonna have to try that I'm probably gonna die thing more often."

Blaire says "then never go to that place again."

I say "maybe in a disguise?"

Ace laughs and says "what, you expect someone to just walk into Burger King wearing one of those huge floppy hats?"

I look at him with a very serious expression on my face and say "yes, Ace. I expect someone to walk into the local Burger King wearing a very large floppy hat."

They all burst out laughing.

We sit and talk for a while, then we get up and go outside.

I ask "so, what's next?"

Finn says "well, since you've loved bowling since we were little, wanna go bowling?"

I say "depends, are you gonna cheat?"

He says "only if I'm on your team."

Ace says "no fair!"

Blaire says "let's keep it fair, boys against girls. Finn, no cheating."

I say "Blaire, no turning off the lights to mess them up. Ace, no becoming a bowling ball so you can walk down the lane yourself and knock all the pins down. Got it?"

They all laugh.

I say "I am totally serious. Unless I develop powers by the time we get to the bowling alley then no one gets to use theirs."

Everyone sighs but agrees, so we go to the bowling alley. We do as Blaire suggested and play guys against girls.

When Finn threw his first ball, it was a perfect throw and the ball hit all the pins.

I instantly call out "cheater!"

He says "can't I just have skills?"

I say "no, you can't. You cheated."

Blaire laughs and says "Nova just let him have the one." She whispers "if he's not cheating then he isn't gonna get another one."

I laugh and nod.

Ace says "I seriously can't become the ball?"

I say "nope."

Finn says "people always say to be the ball, why can't Ace do that?"

Blaire says "because that's not what people meant when bowling was invented. Now go."

I laugh and watch as Ace throws the ball and gets a perfect hit.

I say "Finn?"

Finn says "nope, not me."

Ace says "I've got skills."

Blaise says "yeah, you're skilled at cheating. I saw you cheat on the math test the other day."

Ace says "no, you didn't. I didn't cheat."

Finn says "yeah, on that one. What about the English test last Wednesday?"

Ace says "can we stop playing interrogate Ace and just bowl?!"