Chapter 11

I take that as my dismissal.

But, I always promised myself that once I got my power I'd use it to make a grand exit, just one time.

First, I focused on slowing down time. Everyone else was moving slowly, but I could move at my normal pace. Then, I focused on speeding up the wind. It was really, really fast. So I jumped into the air, and the wind carried me away.

It was awesome. I was technically flying! And I telekinetically threw the pole at Dexter.

I flew all the way home, and I ran inside.

Simone was sitting in the living room watching television, so she saw me first.

She says "Nova?"

My parents run into the room at the mention of my name. I finally let the people back at the Government building have their normal pace back.

My mother says "Nova, what are you doing here?"

Simone says "did they let you go?"

I say "no, I let myself go."

My father says "Nova, how are you here? They're supposed to be burning you."

I say "yeah, they were about to. I was tied to the pole and everything. Then, something incredible happened."

The television starts buzzing. A recorded voice says "dangerous threat alert. This is a danger alert. A dangerous fourteen year old girl is on the loose. Remain inside your homes and do not answer the door. If you see a girl named Nova, please contact the Government immediately. This girl is a threat to all of us. If you see her, call the Government immediately. This is not a drill. This is a danger alert."

My parents look at me, and Simone says "Nova? What'd you do?"

I say "my powers showed."

My father says "really?"

I nod and say "yeah, really. And there's three of them."

My mother gasps and says "Nova, that's not right. You're only supposed to have one."

I laugh and say "wait until you hear what they are."

Simone says "are you telekinetic, like mom? Or Photokinetic, like dad?"

My mother says "Nova what are your powers?"

I say "I'm telekinetic, Chronokinetic, and Atmoskinetic."

Their eyes widen.

My father says "you mean Atmokinetic?"

I say "no, dad. With the s. Atmoskinetic. I can control the four elements."

My mother says "Nova, please tell me this is a joke."

I say "I got my power! I can live! I thought you'd be happy!"

My father says "Nova, you're highly dangerous. We've got to turn you in."

I say "you're seriously going to turn me in to the Government?"

My mother says "Nova we don't have a choice. If they find out you're here they'll kill us all."

I say "fine, then I'll leave. I thought my family would actually be happy to see me, not throw me out on the street because I'm potentially dangerous."

My father says "you aren't potentially dangerous, you are dangerous!"

I say "not the words I expected to hear from my own father on my fourteenth birthday right after discovering my powers." I turn towards the door.