Chapter 25

My eyes fly open, and I say "never!"

The door opens, and Blaire enters.

She says "you okay?"

I say "yeah, sorry. I was having an awful dream."

She says "you were talking in your sleep. Like, a lot."

I say "oh god, what was I saying?"

She says "hmm... you said Finn a couple of times, you said my name once or twice, you said Ace maybe once, and I think you said Sim. And Lorem Multis."

I say "what is Lorem Multis?"

She says "I can't even remember, we learned that five years ago."

I sit up and say "what time is it?"

She says "nine o'clock."

I sigh and say "I gotta go get ready for the day, I've got training at ten."

She nods and says "I'll leave you to get ready." She exits the room.

I walk over to the fully stocked closet and look at the clothes. Somehow, these people even knew my size. It was really freaking me out. I picked out some clothes and got dressed, then went to the dining room.

I sat down again with Fin, Blaire, Ace, Kathryn, Beatrix, Echo, and Tiberius.

Echo says "where were you?"

I say "sorry, I was having a bad dream."

Ace says "really? Didn't sound like it?"

I say "you were a Government scientist, Finn, Blaire, and Simone were dead-"

Beatrix interrupts "who's Simone?"

I say "my younger sister. As I was saying, Ace was a scientist for the Government, Finn, Blaire, and Simone were dead, I was in a lab with people trying to examine my brain, and I almost killed four people."

Finn says "that sounds like a horrifying dream."

I nod and say "it kind of was."

We all order our breakfast.

We talk until our food arrives, then we eat, then Cecily walks over.

She says "hello Nova, Finn, Blaire, Ace. How're you all fitting in?"

Ace says "pretty good."

Blaire says "nice."

Fin just nods.

I say "I'm a little creeped out but I guess other than that it's fine."

Cecily says "we in no way intend to freak you out. You are our Super Nova, and we respect you."

I just shrug.

She says "how's it going with Photokinesis?"

I say "I'm already done. I did it in an hour. Kathryn made it sound difficult."

She says "because for Kathryn it was difficult. The more powers you have, the easier it is. Kathryn was only born with one power."

Echo says "it took Kathryn two weeks to even get Hydrokinesis to work, and another week on top of that to master it."

Finn says "it takes that long?!"

Tiberius says "well she already has the hardest out of the way. It'll be easy for her to learn the rest, then we plan the attack on the Government."

I nod and say "hey Cecily, I've got a question."

She nods and says "ask anything."

I say "the term Lorem Multis, what does it mean?"

She says "you're a Lorem Multis."

I say "but what does it mean? What's the definition?"

She says "it's Latin. For many powered."

I say "if I had a dream where someone was called a Lorem Multis and I don't even know what it means-"

She says "you should probably go find that person before the Government does."

My eyes go wide and I whisper "Sim."