Chapter 16

I sigh and say "alright, now I'll answer your questions."

Kathryn says "when did you develop your powers?"

I sigh again and say "so, I was taken yesterday by the Government because they thought I was an Impota, so they were going to burn me at the stake. I was tied to the stake, and all of a sudden the ropes burst into flames. I thought it was Pyrokinesis so I was going to try and make a fire, but when I put out my hand it was water. So I tried Aerokinesis and Geokinesis, and I had all four. And I went to smack the torch out of Dexter's hand, but it went flying before I could touch it. Turns out, I've got telekinesis too. Then, I noticed how slow everyone was moving. So I thought it was Chronokinesis. I focused on putting time back to normal, and there it was. Just like that, Dexter wanted me dead."

She says "wait, wait, wait, Dexter wants you dead?!"

I nod and say "yeah, that goes with the danger warning thing."

She says "I'm bringing you to the Super Nova's."

Blaire says "so, you think Nova is going to save everyone?"

Kathryn nods and says "she just needs to learn to master the rest of the powers."

I say "wait, I can master every power?!"

She says "it's incredibly hard and you have to already have a power to be able to do it."

I say "is that even possible?"

She puts out her hands. One fills with fire, one fills with water. She says "it's very possible. I was born with Pyrokinesis, and I learned Hydrokinesis."

Finn says "what if the rest of us want to learn it?"

She says "learning the four elements are the hardest, as they are the rarest power. Nova will be learning how to do every power, but the rest of you are only allowed one more. Don't worry about it now we've actually got to get to the Super Nova's first."

Ace says "alright, but I've got one question first."

She nods and says "go ahead."

He says "how'd you end up in the woods?"

She sighs and says "I saw the danger alert, about a girl named Nova. I knew you were the one we've been looking for. We've been looking for decades. And I was sent out to try and find you. I wandered into here, and I got attacked by a wolf."

I say "that's what happened to me, I got attacked by a wolf."

She says "we'll fix up any injuries you sustain, but right now we should really get going."

Ace looks at the fire, where the wolf was still cooking. He takes it off, cuts the side again, and says "the wolf's done. Anyone hungry?"

Kathryn says "the Super Nova's have real food."

Finn says "I'm sold let's go."

Ace says "so, no one wants the wolf?" He cuts a large piece off the side and starts eating it.

I look away in disgust and say to Kathryn "alright, let's go."

She says "follow me."

The four of them start walking, and I use my wind powers to carry me a few feet off the ground. After about five minutes, Blaire and Ace are having a conversation, and Kathryn and Finn are whispering to each other.

I just flew in silence by myself. No one to talk to, no one to question me, and I was thankful for it. I'm honestly really confused. First, I had no powers. Then, Finn says he loves me. Next, I get all these powers. After that, we run off and find this girl who tells us there's a whole organization that knows exactly who I am. I am so confused and I don't know what to do. I'm lost, I'm scared, and even though I'm with my best friends, I feel alone.

We follow Kathryn for what feels like hours, and I begin to wonder if I was accidentally slowing down time. I focused on setting it back to normal, but nothing happened. We follow her for another hour or so, and eventually we come to a large building.

Kathryn says "okay, we're here. Sorry it took so long, I should've warned you."

Everyone nods, ad she leads us inside. A woman comes up to her and says "Kathryn, where did you go?"

She says "I went out in search of Nova. She had danger alerts out about her, I needed to find her before the Government did."

The woman says "did you even find her? You have four people here."

She says "yeah, I found Nova. She's the one with the long brown hair."

So, you want descriptions or something? I'll give short ones. I have long brown hair and green eyes. And my height is average for a fourteen year-old. Blaire has blonde hair and blue eyes. She's a couple of inches taller than me. Ace has red hair and dark brown eyes, and he's about an inch shorter than Blaire. Finn has brown hair and hazel eyes, and he's the same height as Ace. There, mini-descriptions.

The woman says "where was she?"

Kathryn says "she and her friends were hiding in a forest."

The woman turns to me, and for the first time I can see her clearly.

She says "Nova..."

My eyes widen. I'd seen this person before. Yesterday.

It was Cecily.