Chapter 10

Right before the torch hit me, the ropes that were keeping me tied to the pole burst into flames. Both of them. And I didn't feel a thing. My eyes widened. I put out my hand to slap away the torch, but it went flying before I even touched it. I look at my hand, my eyes wide. I slowly put it out, and a wall of water rises around me.

Oh my god, I think. Is this actually happening?

I am absolutely horrified. I just showed Hypokinesis, Pyrokinesis, and Telekinesis! No one has more than one power. Ever. That's just not how it works.

Wait a minute, I think. Maybe the fire and water is Atmoskinesis!

I stomp my foot on the ground, and a crack starts forming. And it keeps going. I trace my finger along part of it, and it seals the whole thing.

So, Geokinesis.

I put my hand out and flick my wrist. There's suddenly an intense wind. I flick my wrist again and it stops.

So, Aerokinesis, Hypokinesis, Pyrokinesis, and Geokinesis.

I'm Atmoskinetic. And apparently telekinetic.

Dexter picks up the torch from the ground, but his movements are very slow.

Oh god, I think. Chronokinesis.

Did I seriously have three powers?

I focus on letting time go back to normal, and it does.

Dexter says "a telekinetic, Atmoskinetic, and Chronokinetic? One person? Not possible. You're one of the three. And I highly doubt you're Atmoskinetic."

I say "believe it, Dexter."

I put my hands above my head, and there's suddenly a huge tidal wave ready to crash down.

I say "it's been three hundred years, Dexter. Isn't it time for a new Atmoskinetic?"

I take one of my hands down and point my finger at the ground, right in front of Dexter. I draw a circle with my finger and imagine fire. Suddenly, he's surrounded in a ring of fire. I flick my wrist, and the tidal wave goes away. I telekinetically bring the torch to myself, summon a small amount of water, and put the flame out.

I can't believe I actually have three powers. And one of them is the rarest one ever. The most powerful.

Dexter turns to a Government official and says"I want her dead."