Chapter 33

I lead the remainder of my troops into the building. Instantly, an alarm starts blaring. The Cyrokinetics and Hydrokinetics begin to seal all doors shut.

I say "alright, the group of you just do your jobs, Im going to find Dexter."

They all nod, and I run up a grand staircase. I remembered where his office was from the one time I'd been in there.

This is too easy, I think. It's just too easy, I don't get it.

After a couple of minutes I find Dexter's office and throw the door open. No one was in there, but his computer was open. I walk behind his desk and looks at his open laptop. It was a note. I read it:

Nova,

I know what you're doing. I know who you are. I know who your group is. You really thought no one would tell me about the Super Nova's? I know what you're up to. As soon as the power went out all around the building, I knew it was you. I knew what your plan was. That's how it was so easy. Dashiell was at your meeting, and he told me everything. You've lost, and all our competitors have been taken for the Battle Royale. You've lost, Nova. We win yet again. Take a look at the papers I left on my desk. From,

President Dexter

I look at the desk, and see the laptop is sitting on a pile of papers. A file-folder. I pull the folder out and its labeled TOP SECRET!

So, of course, I open it.

The front paper was a set of blueprints. The ones I saw on his desk when I was brought here powerless. The blueprints for the Battle Royale arena. I study them for a moment, and apparently it's going to be a desert. I shake my head and flip past it. There were file-folders in the file-folder.

One of them says Male Hydrokinetic: Rhett

I open the file. It has a name, picture, and information about him.

I pull that file out and look through all of the folders. I see another one that catches my eye. Female Photokinetic: Blaire was written across one of the files.

I take the file out and put it on the table. I keep looking, until I find another one that I notice. Male Shape-Shifter: Ace was written across another file.

I pull that file out too, and try to keep myself from crying. I flip through the rest of them, not noticing any others until the last one I find. Male Telekinetic: Finn.

I suddenly can't keep myself together anymore. I sink to the ground and cry.

I'd lost them all.

a'_