Chapter 17

So, Cecily was from the Super Nova's and the Government? Something's up.

I say "you..."

She says "you're welcome."

I say "for what?! For saying that I wasn't human? For refusing to take me to see my best friend before going to die? For throwing me in a dungeon? For tying me to the steak at which I was to be burned? Yeah, thanks a lot Cecily."

Kathryn says "wait, you know her?"

I nod and say "she's not who you think she is."

Cecily says "Nova, I can explain everything to you. I have reasons. And they know exactly who I am."

Finn says "who is this?"

I say "Cecily. She's the one who came to bring me to the Government. She works for Dexter."

Kathryn says "she was doing her job, Nova."

Blaire says "so, you would be alright if Nova died and didn't get her powers because this woman brought her to the Government?"

Cecily says "it was all a test. Come to the conference room, I'll tell you everything you wanna know."

Ace says "these people are surprisingly cooperative."

I say "Cecily isn't."

She sighs and says "Nova, I knew that what I was doing would probably make you not trust me. And I was okay with it. I'll explain the whole thing, just follow me."

I say "my friends are coming with me."

Finn stands next to me and says "she doesn't go anywhere I can't."

I look at him, and he had a look of pure confidence on his face.

Kathryn says "you can all go. Just let her tell you."

I sigh but say "where's the conference room?"

Cecily leads us down a few halls, and we eventually enter a room with a long table and a bunch of chairs. I sit at a chair, Finn sits next to me, Blaire sits on my other side, and Ace sits next to Blare.

Cecily says "okay, so I'm a spy. I work for Dexter, yes, but I give all the information I learn to the Super Nova's. I was born into this organization, and I will die for it if I have to. I asked if I could be the one administering your power test, because your name is Nova and I wanted to see if you could be the person we've been looking for. When I saw that you had no powers, that you were the opposite of what we were looking for, I was so disappointed. I was being rude because I wanted it to be you. I wanted to finally find the Super Nova."

The Super Nova? Really? That's the best these people could do?

Finn says "and when she developed her powers, what'd you say?"

She says "I was shocked beyond belief. I thought I was actually in the presence of the Super Nova."

I sigh and say "it's making a little sense now."

She says "I want to stop the Battle Royale before it begins. I don't know who they've picked, but I know they're almost done building the arena. When that's done, they kidnap the people they want. I don't know who's been picked, but no one is actually safe. For all you know it could be one of you."

I look at my friends, then look back at her and say "what can I do?"

She says "we need you to master the remaining powers. You already have telekinesis, Chronokinesis, and Atmoskinesis which is Hydrokinesis, Geokinesis, Aerokinesis, and Pyrokinesis combined. Now you need Cyrokinesis, Electrokinesis, Umbrakinesis, shape shifting, and Photokinesis."

Okay, so now I'll say what those powers I've never mentioned are. Cyrokinesis is the ability to control ice. Not very common, but not uncommon. Electrokinesis is the ability to control electricity, in case the name isn't a give-away. Umbrakinesis is the ability to control shadows. And as you should know, people with Photokinesis are just human light switches.

Finn says "are we allowed to pick a second power to learn?"

Cecily nods and says "but you can only learn one."

Blaire says "is Atmoskinesis an option?"

She says "no, it is not."

Blaire says "I want shape shifting."

She nods and says "we'll have you set up with a tutor in a couple of days."

Blaire nods.

Ace says "Pyrokinesis."

She says "you sure? That's hard to learn."

He nods and says "I'm sure."

She nods and says "okay, we'll find you a tutor."

Finn says "Hydrokinesis."

She nods again and says "it shall be done."

I say "are we done here?"

She says "they are, you're not."

Finn says "then I'm not done here."

She sighs and says "we'll give your girlfriend back to you later but right now we've gotta tell her about what she's gotta do."

When she says the word girlfriend Finn looks down at the ground, and I blush.

Finn says "she's not my girlfriend." He looks at me and says "are you?"

I sigh and say "not the time Finn."

He nods and says "but if she's gotta do it, I'm gonna do it too."

Cecily says "no, because she's got to master one skill by the end of tomorrow. She's going to need practice. With no distractions."

I say "Finn, I'll be fine."

He reluctantly nods and says "just be careful..."

I nod and turn to Cecily and say "what power shall I start with?"

She says "to make it easy for you, we'll start with the simplest. Photokinesis."

I nod and say "let's get started."

She says "you're going to need to stay here. I'll have someone escort your friends to where they'll be staying."

I nod and say "I want to go see them later."

She nods and says "after we begin training."

I say "so when do I start?"

She says "right now." Suddenly, the door opens and the light suddenly goes off.

Blaire says "sorry" and suddenly the lights go back on.

I look at the person who stepped in. It was a man, about the same age as my father.

I turn to Cecily and say "please don't tell me this is the Photokinetic that's training me?"

She says "what's wrong with him?"

I sigh and say "he looks like my father, who is also a Photokinetic. He threw me out for being dangerous."

She says "well it's just for the next day or so."

I say "what if I can't master the skill in a day?"

She says "then we kill you, and look for a Nova who can."