The Avengers: Peter and Steve

After one of the biggest and hardest wars, the world was devastated, but not nearly as much as the Avengers were. They had suffered great loss, and while most of them had taken refuge in each other's company, the youngest of them all had chosen withdraw into himself and out of anyone's reach. Well, almost anyone.

"How is he, Josie?" Pietro asked even when he could clearly see the sadness and concern beaming from the Avenger Girl's eyes. After they got the terrible news, the young Spiderman had completely shut down everyone and would only talk to his blond friend.

"Not good. What happened was awful, especially for him. He doesn't actually talk a lot. He just cries on my shoulder while I hug him" the young girl explained while her friends looked at her, mirroring her feelings.

"He hasn't come out of his room in this whole time" it was Wanda's turn to express her concerns. "He hasn't eaten, he hasn't gone to school... hell I don't even think he showered these days"

"There must be something we can do" the boy in the room voiced out, more like wishing upon a star rather than having the solution to their problem.

Absolutely everyone was worried about the situation, but being coped up in their own pain they had done pretty much nothing about it. Time flew as they were missing the fallen Avengers, but there was one of them besides the young ones that knew a problem was growing inside that tower.

Captain America had been injured greatly, but luckily had survived the tragedy. It was taking him a long time to recover, but that didn't mean he wasn't aware of his teammates' pain. However he lacked the physical strength to even get out of bed, so he was left with no other choice but to focus on his recovery. Then he'd do everything in his power to ease the rest of the Avengers.

The blonde girl found herself walking up the stairs where she knew her dad was. She desperately needed his advice, even when she had been instructed many times not to bother him. Only that she ended up bumping into someone on her way there.

"Hey uncle Bucky. How's my dad?" Josie asked with concern, as every time his father had physiotherapy. He had been fortunate to make it out alive.

"He's getting better every day babygirl, but I think you should let him rest right now" the older man gently advised, knowing what her intentions were.

"I just wanna speak to him, please" the blonde girl sucked up the best way she knew how, and being the Winter Soldier's favorite niece it didn't take much more than that for him to agree.

Josie gently opened the door and scurried into the dark room like a shadow before closing it right behind her. Captain America laid on his bed with his eyes shut, breathing heavily. It was as if she could feel his pain and that almost made her chicken out, but someone snapped her out of it.

"Babygirl. Everything ok?" Steve asked and then saw his little girl walking sheepishly towards him. He could read all her emotions on her young face.

"Do you ever wish things were different?" Josie couldn't help to ask as she took a seat right by her father's side. "I mean. You could have stayed with the love of your life back then. Why didn't you?" she explained further once she saw the puzzled look on the man's face. Once she was done, Captain America's look was filled with understanding as to why Josie was acting so shyly.

"Do you even have to ask? I've lost people I care about deeply. It's hard, but fortunately I still have people I care about a lot. I still have you. There's no price for that" Steve reassured his daughter that there were no regrets in his decision, but that didn't seem to ease the clouds in her head.

"I see" Josie replied while vaguely looking at the wall.

"Is that all Josie?" her father pressed a bit.