Christian and Violet

Christian's POV

I think I can name two moments in my life when I felt my entire world turning upside down: the moment I laid eyes on Anastasia Steele for the very first time and when I looked at the face of our precious baby Violet when she was borned 16 years ago. When she was just a little girl she had the most precious smile that seemed to go from ear to ear, and her bright eyes were to die for. As every father I just melted for my girls, but one of them had gotten really big even when I wouldn't admit it to myself.

"Honey we have to talk" my wife Anastasia whispered me softly as she gently placed her hand on my shoulder to wake me up from my thoughts.

"Yeah sure" I said settling my iPad on the table before looking at her.

"Deep thoughts?" she said with that cheeky smile I've always loved about her.

"Kinda. Just thinking about how fast time is passing by" I said while softly crawling my fingers between hers. "Especially with Violet".

"Yes. That's what I wanted to talk to you about" she said taking a seat right next to me in the couch with a loud sigh. She just stared at the fireplace for a long time so I started questioning her.

"What about Violet? Is she ok?" I said trying to get some answers. I get extremely anxious when I think something is troubling my girls.

Anastasia first look at me in caution, probably trying to measure my reaction before she took another deep breath and started talking.

"She just has been really weird lately Christian, haven't you noticed? She doesn't leave her room, she barely eats, and..." she came closer to me before finishing her sentence in a whisper. "she even smelled like cigarettes yesterday when she came back from school".

"She what? Why didn't you tell me before?" I said not being able to stop my cold eyes to look accusingly to my wife. At first she shrunk slightly under my stare but she quickly built herself up.

"Because I knew you'd flip out. I thought maybe it was a one time thing, but when I think about all the other stuff... I don't know what's wrong with her" she said as her tone escalated along with her frustration with our teenage daughter.

"If she was a submissive, I'd know what's wrong with her" I let out not realizing I was speaking out loud.

"And what would that be?" Ana asked curiously as she tilted her head to prompt me further into my speech.

"Subdrop. Sometimes submissives go through a face of depression and if it goes unnoticed by the Dominant it can end really bad" I explained my assumptions to my puzzled wife. She hadn't been into the BDSM world long enough to get to know all the terms.

"You're saying she's depressed then?" Ana said staring to the nothing deep in thought.

"I cannot think of anything else. I think maybe we should just talk to her" I said going for the simplest solution we had in our reach.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some pervert who's thinking of my daughter as an actual submissive. But when trouble was around, I must admit I found difficult to find an answer out of what used to be my world. To me the evidence clearly indicated that Violet was trying to send a message. A message for attention. I wasn't all convinced with the talk thing. I prefered other methods to be honest, but I had to try. God knew what she could end up doing if this depression kept going. I had seen so many cases.

Violet obviously didn't come down to dinner until Ana threatened to leave her grounded for the rest of the week. At some point, I didn't see the difference. She had kept herself in her room the past few days and even when she wasn't a party girl, she hadn't even come out to hang out with her usual friends. Things were getting strange by the second.