Jenny and Nate

Jenny's POV

My name is Jenny, and as every other girl in this world, I dream with being the queen bee of my school. Having worked on it for so long it did some good to my soul to finally see some results in my social life. Lately lots of people wanted to hang out with me and it made me feel important, yet at the same time scared. I felt vulnerable more than anything but I'd do what it takes to build the trust I needed to be the leader of this school. And a little someone showed up to remind me that not everything that shines is gold, and not everyone that says to be a friend really is.

I had met a girl named Agnes the day before when she admired my outfit after work. Fashion was a big deal for me, and having someone who encouraged me to be a professional model blinded my good judgment for a couple second. The day after that my new friend Agnes brought photos of herself to the atelier I had an internship in and I learned that her boyfriend Max took those for her. Being honest, a little bit of jealousy pinched my heart when I saw how good they were. The photos were great and though a bit crazy nobody could deny Agnes was a beautiful girl. Maybe this guy could help me get a portrait done and I could start my modeling career once and for all. I was getting tired of my internship anyways and Agnes had repeatedly warned me they were using me to steal my designs, that I was far too talented to let them rob me that way. So without a second thought I quitted the next day.

I felt a little anxious not having that job anymore. It wasn't such a horrendous job anyways, but I kept telling myself I did this for a reason. A reason that had came from someone else but I trusted Agne's judgment. At least in that part of my life I did.

There was somebody in my life who somehow didn't quite like they way I was transforming into someone new, or in Agne's words, 'discovering myself'. Nate Archibald was one of probably the hottest guys at school, and though I had always wanted to be noticed by him, I didn't quite like the way he had noticed me. He had taken it upon himself somehow to make sure I don't go down the wrong road, and while sweet I thought it was extremely overbearing. I mean hello! We're nothing... were we?

"Hey Jenny, can I talk to you for a second?" Nate approached to me that blessed day in the school yard. I took off my headphones and gave him a suspicious look as to why he had decided to interrupt my alone time. "I wanna talk to you about your new circle" he went straight to the point, very much like him.

I had started to become the most popular girl in school and nothing made me happier. Of course, that included a new circle of friends that I knew Nate was not fond of. And he doesn't even know about Agnes yet.

"What about it?" I asked innocently, trying to cover up the fact I had read his intentions before he even talked to me.

"You don't know what you're dealing with. You're just not like those girls... Like Agnes for example" Nate mentioned my newest friendship and I feared he was spying on me or something. News simply traveled fast in Upper East Side.

"Look Nate it's not even your problem, ok? I gotta go" I tried to cut him off coldly and quickly, having seen by the corner of my eye my new friend waiting for me outside of the school yards.

I didn't wait for a reply, so I'm not sure if there was anything Nate wanted to add to his lecture but for sure I didn't care much. Agnes received me with a bright smile and a best friend hug that filled the whole of not having real friends in my life. There was something different about her and it mislead me to think she was trustworthy. I'd learn the hard way that she wasn't.

"Hey. So what do you think of those photos I gave you?" Agnes asked me while dragging my attention away from Nate. Good because he was being such a worrywart I didn't know why I was giving him a space in my thoughts.