Taylor and Brooke

Taylor's POV:

It had been almost 10 months since I had adopted 7 years old Brooklyn from the Finlay house. Becoming a mother was truly a challenge, but every second I could spend with my beloved daughter made it worth all the effort, even when those moments weren't entirely enjoyable. There are times in a mother's life (especially a single mom like me) were you have to put your foot down and dish out some discipline, and it's never nice thought it's necessary.

That night I was giving a concert in New York City and of course Brooke was coming with me. We arrived a couple days early so I could enjoy the city with my baby and just dedicate some time for just the two of us. We had a good time going shopping and just hanging out in the city, but tonight I had to work. Brooke had been quite obedient as to stay in the backstage and play quietly while I did my last rehearsals but now it was time for me to get out there with my fans.

-Ok Brooke. There are some healthy snacks I ordered for you if you get hungry. Just play quietly back here or watch some tv. I'll seeyou in a few hours when I'm all done out there, alright sweetie?, I said brushing her beautiful locks from her pouting face. She doesn't like to be left alone but at the moment I had no choice.

-Can I go see you mommy?, she asked hugging her furry lion toy tight to her chest, wearing the most adorable look ever. Ughh but I had to be strong!

-Only if one of my bodyguards are with you, ok? But you cannot come to the stage because mommy is working. You understand sweetheart?, I asked while looking into the deep eyes of my daughter and she barely nodded her head.

I kissed her forehead and gave her a hug before going out stage. The crowd was already screaming my name for me to come out and start the show. For a second I forgot about my little one waiting impatiently for me and had eyes for my fans only. She should be safe for a couple hours, right?

I was performing the last song of the night, "Wildest Dreams" when I heard the crowd start to coo and scream at the same time... but it wasn't for me. I barely had time to turn around when I felt two tiny arms wrapped tightly around my middle, the little face of my daughter pressed against my belly so I didn't saw the tears until she lifted her eyes to look at me. I quickly wrapped my arms around her, kissing her cheek and rubbing her back, telling her everything was going to be alright. I didn't know what went down, but it must have been bad for her to run like this when I told her to stay backstage with Meredith and the crew. I gently held her hand and tried to finish the song the way I could, being as she had interrupted in the middle of it. The fans didn't seem to mind, they were flashed by Brooke's adorableness and I could not blame them. Once I finished I waved my fans as I made my way as quickly as I could to my private room backstage with Brooke still clinging of my arms.

After all the staff congratulated me for a great show, I pulled both of us into the room and locked the door. I was slightly mad at her for not listening to me but I was more concerned as to why she was crying like that.

-Baby look at mommy. Why are you crying like this honey?, I asked while crouching to look at my baby in the eyes that were pooled with shiny tears.

-Missed you, she mumbled as tears kept flooding down her rosy cheeks. I quickly wiped them off with my hand trying to meet her look again.

-Babe you know mommy was working. And I was just about to come back here, why didn't you listen to me when I told you to stay back here or with the crew, but never out stage?, I asked firmly but keeping my voice steady and calmed. I knew I couldn't lose my temper with a kid, especially with her.

-I don't know! I missed you and I wanted to see you now!, she broke down crying in a complete tantrum and I sighed feeling exhausted. I needed her to calm down before this tantrum escalates bigger levels.