5, Regret

Laila's pov:

We made our way to my bedroom.

"Make yourself comfortable, I'm just gonna get the first aid" I told him as I walked into my ensuite.

I ruffled through my cabinet eventually finding my first aid kit. I always kept one in my bathroom, my brother used to get into a lot of fights before and I was the one who ended up cleaning his wounds so mum wouldn't find out. I used to do the same with Kaiden but that was before he changed into someone I could not recognise any more. I walked over to where he was sitting and placed the first aid kit next to him as I put my hair into a messy bun.

Neither of us spoke but it wasn't awkward. I began to wipe the blood away on his fists with a wipe and eventually wrapped both his hands in bandages. It was mainly his fists that were in a bad state since he dodged all of Hunters hits. As I was about to get up I was pulled back down. 

"Thanks" he mumbled to me

"Don't mention it" I brushed it off

He still kept hold of me, it was silent again for a few minutes but then he spoke up again.

"He didn't deserve you" 

I looked up to him and gave a weak smile, 'did he really mean it or did he just feel sorry for me?' I questioned myself in my head. Funny enough I wasn't hurt when I saw Hunter with that girl, neither was I shocked. I was more relieved, I never realised how trapped I felt being with him until after I ended it. I shrugged my shoulders in response of Kaiden's opinion. He gently grabbed my face with both of his hands on each side of my cheeks forcing me to look him in the eyes.

"You're perfect, you know that" Kaiden smiled

I don't know if it was my emotions being everywhere or Kaiden's words but before I knew it mine and his lips were connected. The kiss was passionate, soft and gentle. It felt so right but wrong at the same time. I kissed him but he didn't hesitate to kiss me back almost as if has been waiting for something like this to happen between the two of us. When I realised what was going on I quickly pulled away.

"Sorry that shouldn't of happened" I said as regret filled my face

It wasn't that I didn't want to kiss him but I knew Kaiden would have regretted it sooner or later so I made it easier for him.

"What- no" Kaiden stuttered as he tried to find the right words

"It's okay, we can forget that happened, I won't tell no one" "You should go" I told him all in one breathe feeling even more overwhelmed.

"Laila-" he started before I interrupted him

"Please" I pleaded him as I held my tears back

He could see I needed to be by myself so he left closing the door behind him . I have never felt so confused in my life. I had all these questions, why did I not care that Hunter cheated, why did I kiss Kaiden, and why did he kiss me back? was it out of pity? Instead of dealing with my problems like a normal person I went to sleep, all to avoid reality, as I said before 'I'll deal with it when I have too".

Kaiden's pov:

I followed her upstairs to her room. After a long time I felt close to her again but I was to blame, I changed and pushed her away. I did it for her own good, I did want to be with her but I knew I would end up hurting her and she didn't deserve that.

"Make yourself comfortable, I'm just gonna get the first aid" she said as she walked into her ensuite.

So I did what she said and soon later she came back and made her way over to me, placing the first aid kit to my side. She always kept that in her bathroom whenever me and Amarni got into fights, she was the one to always clean us up. It's funny because all those fights me and her brother got into was for her. Whenever we heard that a guy was going to ask her out we fought them to scare them off. It was my idea because I couldn't bear the thought of her being with another guy and I managed to persuade Amarni by telling him that those dicks would just use her for sex. Unfortunately that little shit Hunter was quick and asked her out straight away since he only transferred over a year ago and since then I could never be around them, it hurt me too much. 

As I was in my thoughts she put her hair up into a messing bun as she grabbed my hand to start cleaning off the blood. I couldn't help but stare at her, she was so beautiful. She finished wrapping my hands in bandages as she was about to get up but I pulled her back down bringing her closer to me.

"Thanks" I mumbled 

"Don't mention it" She responded brushing it off

I still kept hold of her, wanting to stay closer to her warm presence. It was silent again for a few minutes but then I decided to speak up again.

"He didn't deserve you" 

She looked up and me and gave a weak smile. I could tell she was over thinking because she stayed quiet for a few seconds before shrugging her shoulders in response to my opinion. I grabbed her face to reassure her, "you're perfect, you know that". We stayed as we were, when she unexpectedly kissed me, it was gentle and soft, I've been craving this for so long and I didn't hesitate to kiss her back. After some time she pulled away with regret.

"Sorry that shouldn't of happened" she told me

"What- no" I stuttered, dammit I was in shock and wasn't able to find the right words.

"It's okay, we can forget that happened, I won't tell no one" "You should go" she said all in one breathe

"Laila-" I started but she cut me off

"Please" she pleaded me

I didn't want to make it worse, so I listened. I walked out shutting her door behind me. Fuck. 

_________________________________________________

A/N:

Chapter cinco my loves.

We finally found out why boys avoided Laila.

Will this make or break them ?

Should I show Kaiden's pov from the previous chapters ?

Let me knowwww

Until next time...