9, Complicated

The journey back was silence for 5 minutes until Amarni decided to speak up.

"So are you going to tell me what happened?"

"There is nothing to tell" I replied codly.

I felt bad for treating Amarni like that, he didn't deserve it. He was my other half who always cared for me, protected me and he loved me but I was just angry.

"Come on Laila, we're supposed to tell each other everything" 

"Amarni, I honestly don't know myself" I shook my head

"Did he hurt you in any way?" He changed the conversation to something serious now

I was lost for words when he asked me that, "n-no" I stuttered. Even though he did hurt me and didn't want to tell him the truth, I would feel bad knowing that I messed up their friendship. He didn't push further with anymore questions, we just kept driving in silence. I was looking out the window when I heard him making a food order.

"Hi, can I get two crunch wrap supremes, two nacho fries, 4 crunchy tacos, 1 chicken quesadilla, 1 steak quesadilla, cinnabon delights, cinnamon twists and two blue raspberry freezes please" he said into a speaker

"Boy you must have a big appetite" I joked

"Haha"

"Thank you" I said

"You're welcome princess" he smiled

This is why I love my brother. Instead of pestering me with a questions he cheers me up with food. The best way to a girls heart. We got home and we devour all the food and it was the best. For the rest of the day we decided to watch a film and have a movie marathon of Fast and Furious. Young Vin Diesel and Paul Walker is so urghhh *chef kisses*. We then decided to call it a day and head to bed.

 We then decided to call it a day and head to bed

(Sneaky pic of them both)

Next day:

I woke up to get ready for school and I was pretty exhausted and I did not have the energy to get dressed so I decided to go comfy with a natural face. I threw my hair into a messy bun leaving a few strands of hair out and for today's outfit I decided to go with a sweatshirt and joggers.

 I threw my hair into a messy bun leaving a few strands of hair out and for today's outfit I decided to go with a sweatshirt and joggers

(My outfit)

I told Armani to go ahead and leave for school, I got Avani to pick me up because she always makes me feel better. I heard two beeps outside and knew she was here, she then beeped again because knowing Avani she gets impatient real quick.

"Today would be nice" She shouted sarcastically

I rolled my eyes as I got into the car.

"So what's new?" Avani spoke her mind getting right to the point

"Kaiden and his ex" I shrugged

"They're back together?" she questioned back 

"I think so, I mean probably"

" Damn girl, I don't know what to say" "I mean I think you should ask him to find out for sure" 

"I don't know, I just can't bring myself to be around him right now" I responded honestly

"When you're ready, go at your own pace" Avani smiled, I gave her a slight smile back.

"I like you're vibe today by the way" she mentioned finally taking in what I was wearing

"Thanks" I chuckled back.

We got to school and we both made our way to our lockers. As I was getting my necessary books that I needed for today I felt a vibration. I pulled out my phone to see a notification from Jace? 'Hey gorgeous, just wanted to know when you're free so I can plan our date' he sent followed by a winking emoji. I didn't open it, I just read it from my notification centre because I didn't know how I felt about him yet. I put my phone back into my pocket as me and Avani began to make out way to our first lesson and thats when I saw Kaiden's arm linked with Brittany's in the hallway and my eyes then met his for a few seconds. Avani followed my eyes to see the same thing and disappointment filled my face once again. She linked her arm with my arm guiding us to the next lesson.

"He's not worth it girl" 

"I know" I responded back

"You need to take you're mind off him, what happened to Jace?" she asked

"I mean he message me 30 minutes ago"

"You should give him a chance, he might be what you need"

"You're right" I said agreeing "I'll reply to him later"

"Thats's my best friend" Avani smirked with me returning a smile back

Unfortunately me and Avani didn't have our next lesson together so I was by myself making my own way there when I was then pulled into a supply closet. A hand was put over my mouth as my eyes met with his once again.

"Relax it's me" he spoke

"What do you want" I pushed him off

"I'm sorry" he apologised

"Yeah okay" I said reaching for the door handle when he pulled me back by my waist

"Do you like him?" he asked

"Who?" I responded playing dumb

"Don't play dumb"

"It's ain't you're business whether I do or not" 

"Do you like her" I said returning the question "So are you back together then" I questioned

"It's complicated"

"Complicated?" I repeated "Why is it so complicated?" I said get angrier

"Laila - I can't say" he hesitated

"I thought you were going to change, I thought you actually meant" I said hurt "And I was stupid enough to believe you" I turned around and quickly walked out as tears began to fall down my face. He tried to pull me back but I was able to get out of his grip. I decided to skip the rest of school and go to my peaceful place. The place I always go to clear my head.

________________________________

A/N:

No. 9 guys!! 

Just a reminder to you guys I will be posting twice a week from now on. Every Wednesday and every Saturday, so make sure you guys stay tuned!

So I guess Kaiden is back with Brittany ?

Why is it complicated ?

Is Laila going to reply to Jace and give him a chance?

The next chapter is the place to find out!!