Chapter 15

ARIA

I'm proud of myself as I make my way inside the APOLLO garage. I feel rather confident in the combination of black crop top and skirt, together with the blue sweater hung around my shoulders. Lucky necklaces on, sneakers and blue hair clip matching the color of my eyes holding my hair together, today's look screams APOLLO.

I show the man at the entrance my pass and he lets me inside. iPad tucked in my hand ticking off stuff from my To Do list, I start searching Lewis. I already got him the extra pair of APOLLO merch he forgot at the hotel, now it's the first time I'm entering the garage today. Or ever for that matter.

A bunch of people dressed in APOLLO clothes stare at me as I make my way through the crowded space. They don't recognize me. I don't recognize them. The only one I recognize is Lewis, who is currently talking with one of the strategists.

I come next to him and hand him the tote bag filled with the merch he needed. I cannot not notice the long glance he gives me, seeming too intense for him not to be annoyed at me.

"Did I do something wrong?", I ask him

He swallows hard, clearly annoyed, and starts shaking his head. His actions don't match his gestures.

"What should I do next?", I ask, partly wanting to be nice, partly since I actually want to help.

"You could go check on Levi", he answers, clearing his throat.

"Why would I need to check on him?", I ask confused.

Amusement comes in his eyes. "You'll see. He's outside on the pit lane giving pre-race interviews. Make sure he doesn't say something stupid."

Still not getting it, I nod and make my way outside. Levi is exactly where Lewis told me he would be. He is currently giving an interview to a woman, and I come closer to be able to hear, leaning against one of the garage's walls.

"Are you nervous for today, Levi?", the woman asks him.

Levi offers her a grin, one that grows brighter as he spots me and offers me a wink. He then turns his attention back to the woman, answering: "I mean, I'd be a fool not to be."

The woman lets out a chuckle, looking at some notes in her hand. "Now, I know you might get this a lot, but what do you love most about F1?"

"I love the rides", Levi responds.

Wait, what?!

"The car rides?", the interviewer asks confused, not getting it. But the grin the cameraman now has on tells me he got it.

"Yeah. I love the fast rides. You know? Cause you have to make it fast for it to become exciting", Levi goes on.

I'm so close to banging my head against the wall.

A guy dressed in a red racer suit with the number 22 on it walks past our garage, yet as soon as our eyes meet, he stops and turns around. He comes closer to me, and the moment I get a better look at him, my cheeks start getting pink. He's tall, well not taller than Lewis or Levi. He seems to be the same age as them too. He has brown hair, slightly curly, and a pair of chocolate brown eyes.

"Hey there", he tells me in a perfect British accent as soon as he gets close to me. He's also smiling bright. With dimples. I swear, if there would be a human personification of Taylor's London Boy, this guy would be it. "Are you new around here?", he continues.

I start nodding, partly having lost my words.

"I knew it. I usually know everyone at APOLLO. I'm Chris by the way", he presents himself, reaching me his hand. I reach mine to him and we shake hands. "Chris Graves", he adds. "I'm one of the drivers at ASTORIA."