Chapter 25

LEWIS

"TINA", I say as I enter her room. The woman just looks at me surprised, one of her curls falling in her face.

"Yes, Mr. Cunnan?", she answers.

"Where the heck is my assistant?", I ask. I know I shouldn't be concerned. I told myself I shouldn't be concerned. Maybe she has an appointment. Maybe she needed a day off.

But what concerns me is that she went missing exactly after we two kissed in the kitchen yesterday. And Tina might not know about our kiss, but from the worried look on her face, I can tell something is wrong.

"Miss Grant quit this morning", she answers.

I think I must have frozen.

It takes me a while for my brain to process her words.

She quit.

Aria quit.

And I might be selfish as hell, but there is no way I'm letting that girl go.

"Please call Miss Grant and inform her to present herself in the office in the next hour, so she can do the work she's getting paid for."

Tina looks at me like I need some mental help. "But, Mr. Cunnan, she quit. She obviously doesn't want the money, if she quit."

Happy thoughts.

Grey skies, engine roaring, tires scratching on the ground...

I put a serious look on my face, not revealing any of the emotions I feel.

"She can only quit if I also sign her resignation. And as far as I'm concerned, I signed no such thing."

Tina is clearly worried now. But I don't think she's worried for me, but for Aria.

"So, I'll ask you one more time", I continue, my voice getting even colder, cause I'm an asshole and know how to profit from this situation. "Get Miss Grant back in the office. I want her back by one."

Tina opens her mouth to say something, then closes. I raise an eyebrow. She swallows hard, then responds: "Yes, Mr. Cunnan."

"Splendid", I reply, my mouth twitched for getting what I want.

As I walk out of her office, I know I'm doing the wrong move. Chasing Aria. Trying to be with her. Kissing her. Dreaming of her. Wanting her.

I shouldn't. I am not the man she deserves.

But she became my fucking addiction and I'm sorry to disappoint but I refuse to take any cure.