Chapter 43

LEWIS

"I didn't know homes could swim", Winnie says, looking from where I am holding her close to my chest. We're on the dock, looking at the water.

"Well, they usually don't", Aria answers. She's standing next to us, also looking at the sea. "But this is called a yacht and your Daddy borrowed it."

"Owns it", I can find myself correcting.

Winnie looks at me surprised. Aria looks shocked.

"Daddy owns it", I add.

Aria gives me a pure what-the-heck look, to which I only slide my sunglasses on.

"Does anyone want to see the dolphins?", I ask.

~

"You need to try this", Aria tells me, coming with the spoon closer to my mouth. It's a spoonful of vanilla ice cream. Winnie looks at us smiling, continuing to be busy with her "unicorn" ice cream.

"It's ice cream", I respond.

Aria shakes her head. "It's not just ice cream. It's the best ice cream I've ever had."

I still don't seem to make any sign to want to try it, since she comes closer and makes some puppy eyes. "Please. What's Cannes without an ice cream?"

"It's really good", Winnie adds to support her.

"Whose side are you on?", I tease. Winnie rolls her eyes amused, and continues licking the ice cream.

"Fine", I give up. Aria cheers happily next to me, coming with the spoon closer to my mouth. I open it and let her give me the ice cream. Okay, to be honest, she's right. The ice cream is good. Really good.

Yet I am not going to give her that satisfaction.

"It was fine", I comment, keeping my tone serious.

Aria's eyes wide open. Winnie gasps and asks: "Fine?"

"You loved it", Aria notices. "You loved it so much."

"Did not", I don't back down.

Neither does she. "You did. It's written all over your face."

"You know what else is written all over my face?", I tease her.

She looks at me surprised. I come closer and kiss her. She starts to chuckle, and wraps her hands around my neck.

"I love you", I whisper to her after our kiss. She smiles at me and it has me melting like the ice cream.

"Daddy", I can hear Winnie's voice.

I look at her, letting Aria go. Winnie is smirking above both ears as she continues saying: "Don't taste my ice cream."

My cheeks turn pink as Aria starts to laugh. "Woah", my girlfriend lets out amused. "She got you good."

Winnie only does a small curtsey at us then pulls her sunglasses on her nose.

Aria looks at me with a look that says she knows someone else who does the same to prove they're cool.

I shrug innocently and take Winnie's hand. "Where to next?", I ask.

Winnie doesn't move until Aria catches up with us and my baby girl reaches for her hand. I think I must have stared at them for a while. Aria offering her hand then leaning a bit to give a small kiss on Winnie's hand. Winnie smiling and after giving me a look to show me they're ready, we start walking along the streets.

I know there are some people taking pictures of us, we had a few paparazzi follow us at a restaurant yesterday, so I try to cover up Winnie as much as I can, so that she doesn't feel that we're watched. I know Aria does the same, for the way she sometimes turns to look at something so that Winnie is hidden by her when she notices some new photographers.

"I want to go to the sea", Winnie says.

I swear, Winnie loves the sea more than anything.

"Again?", I ask her teasing. "We've been there a few hours ago."

"It's Summer", she counters.

I raise an eyebrow.

Winnie explains: "It's Summer and there are no rules about going to the sea. It's always opened."

"She has a point", Aria backs her up.

I give up, seeing how big their smiles are. "Alright then. The beach it is."

The two high-five and I chuckle.

I have had many good holidays, but this one is for sure the best.