Chapter 42

LEWIS

"Are you all buckled up?", I ask for the at least thousandth time. Winnie nods smiling for me to see in the rearview mirror. Ever since I told her Aria will be joining us on our holiday, she couldn't stop being happy. She came in my room last night and jumped on the bed from excitement.

Now that all three of us are in the car, her excitement levels are all over the place. I asked Mya if she wanted to join us, yet she said she'll be going to Milan with her bestie Becca and her family. Mom and Dad agreed, so Mya is currently Chanel shopping somewhere.

Can't say I feel sorry for her.

As Winnie nods, I look at Aria, who is as excited next to me. I swear, the girl almost jumps on her chair. I think the world just decided I am boring and sent me two Sunshines in my life.

"Alright then", I begin. "But pay attention, we're not making any stops until we reach the airport."

The two girls nod, grinning to each other as I mention the word airport.

I shrug and start driving.

~

We obviously stopped before the airport. Aria and Winnie realized we had no flight snacks, and although I told them millions of times we're flying in first class and there will be snacks on board, they wouldn't hear me out.

So, we're now strolling through Walmart.

"I want candy", Winnie says. Aria and her rush to the stacks of candy and after having a debate about what's better, gummy bears or skittles, they choose the first one.

"Don't you want something healthy too?", I can hear myself saying.

Both Aria and Winnie look at me like I'm boring.

"Just suggesting", I mutter amused.

I get an incoming video call from Levi, so I tell the girls to go get whatever they need, and I'll meet them in a bit.

Levi's face fills the screen, and I can tell he's in a bar.

"Did you already get drunk? Man, it's your first night", I tease him.

He chuckles amused, grinning at me. "Not drunk. Just wanted to show you something."
He turns the camera and I see Chris and Fabio next to him. The three of them are on a stage, playing DJ.

"How the heck did that happen?", I can't help but ask.

Chris and Fabio must have heard my voice, since they now wave at the camera for me. I have to laugh at the view.

"They just let us on stage", Fabio answers.

"Viva Las Vegas", Levi shouts, setting the music louder, creating a cheer from the crowd.

As on instant, Aria and Winnie walk back to me, both of them carrying a plushie in their hands. While Aria has a giga pink cat, Winnie has a giga purple unicorn.

"Levi, wait a second", I tell him. Aria heard the name, so she now shouts: "Hi, Levi."

"My favorite blondie, how are you?", he answers back.

"Great", she replies, still smirking at me while holding the plushie.

"Are they absolutely necessary?", I ask the two girls.

They both start to nod.

"And you can't survive the plane flight without them?"

Another nod.

"What are you even doing?", Levi asks me from the other end of the line.

I have to smirk as I answer: "Buying plushies for my girls."

"That's my girl", Levi screams. "Walk him like a dog, blondie."

Aria's eyes widen, as she lets the plushie down to cover Winnie's ears with her palms. "There are children here, Levi."

"Walk him like a unicorn", Levi tries.

Aria smiles at me, as I plan on ending the call: "We have to go now, have a plane to catch. Have fun. And don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"But that's like anything fun", my best friend counters.

"Bye Levi", I say, pressing on the button. Aria removes her palms from Winnie's ears, who looks at me curious.

"Did Uncle Levi do a no-no?"

I bend down, to be on the same eye level with her. "He did, honey."

She chuckles as she presses the plushie on my face.

"Absolutely vital?", I tease the two again.

The both nod.

I give up and just buy them the plushies.

I am completely lost.

~

Outside lays a beautiful view of us soaring over the clouds, next to me lays the best view I have ever seen.

Winnie and Aria fell asleep, Winnie with her head on Aria's shoulder, Aria's head resting on hers. They look so cute, I can't help but take out my phone and take a picture of them. One that will soon become my new wallpaper.

I turn my attention back to the laptop in front of me, trying to get this new contract done. At one point I can feel someone tip me on my shoulder, and as I look up I see Aria, who woke up, yet still lets Winnie sleep leaning on her.

"Are you working?", she whispers to me.

I nod, not feeling so damn excited about it.

Aria offers me an encouraging smile. "Thanks for letting me come with you on this trip", she adds.

"No problem, sweetheart", I reply, brushing a kiss on the top of her head. "Thank you for coming."

"You know I wouldn't have said no", she tells me. "Where you go, I go, remember?", she teases, reminding me of what I told her months ago.

"Where you go, I go", I correct her.

She looks at me with big eyes.

I nod. "I wouldn't want to leave my best assistant alone", I decide to tease her.

"Right, sure. Go ruin the moment."

"Do you want me to make it all cheesy and mushy?"

"You'd do that?", she asks surprised.

"For you, sweetheart? Any time."

"Alright, then", Aria replies, not really believing it. "Go all cheesy and mushy."

"Aria, sweetheart, love of my life, where you go, I go."

She looks at me contemplating. "Not bad", she lets out. "But never write poetry."

"I wouldn't dare."

"Good", she replies, devious smirk on. "Now tell me again how much you love me."

I happily oblige.