Chapter 7

Past

"What do you mean you're not the one? Bret claimed he saw you two in the bathroom clearly," Thad's voice boomed, his anger evident in his blazing eyes.

"Thad, when did you start giving more weight to others' words than mine? Don't you trust me?" I retorted, my patience wearing thin from the argument that had

erupted earlier in the day.

Our voices echoed through his house, making it evident

to anyone within earshot that we were locked in a heated dispute.

"I want to believe you, Sera. But what I saw is making me doubt your words," he admitted, lowering his voice.

I sighed and approached him, dressed only in my bra and underwear. "What did

you see? Huh? Show it to me," I challenged, daring him.

He retrieved his phone from the bedside table, tapped a few buttons, and then turned it towards me.

I grabbed the phone from him and played a video that was on it.

It was a video of a girl kissing a guy passionately in the school bathroom. She was moaning, and the guy had his hands wrapped around her.

One thing immediately

caught my attention - the girl in the video had hair identical to mine. The video abruptly stopped, and I looked up to find Thad's eyes fixed on me.

"You actually believed that this is me? How is that possible? I don't even moan like that, Thad!" I yelled, frustration evident in my voice.

"So you're telling me that this isn't you?" He asked, his voice seething with anger.

"Yes, it's not me, babe. How could I betray you, given everything we've been through?" I replied.

"Liar!" He yelled at my face, causing me to take a step back, fear coursing through

me.

"We've spent years together, Seraphina. We've shared countless experiences as a couple, and I've done so much for you. You can't treat me like this, Sera. You just

can't. How could you even think of being unfaithful to me? How?" He said, his voice breaking as tears welled up in his eyes.

"Thad, you really need to calm down. I'm not the one in that video," I said, taking a cautious step towards him, hoping to soothe his anger.

"So you're admitting it, Seraphina? You really did it. Don't you dare touch me," he hissed, walking away from me before I could reach out to him.

"Thad, just stop, please. I'm telling you the truth. I'm not the person in that video," I said, frustration evident in my tone.

"You keep saying the same thing, over and over. How can you open your mouth and lie to me? Uhn?" he shouted again, gripping his hair tightly in frustration.

"Thad..."

"Fuck!" He yelled, forcefully smashing his hand into a nearby mirror, causing it to shatter into pieces on the floor.

"Thad, baby, you really need to calm down. You're hurting yourself," I urged, rushing

over to him and gently taking hold of his bleeding right hand.