Chapter 18

Past

Lying beside Thad on his bed, I could feel the warmth of his touch as he traced his fingers gently over my stomach. I wore a crop top and shorts, and his gaze was fully focused on me, making my heart race.

"How many children do you want?" he asked, the vulnerability in his eyes matching his gentle touch.

"Three," I whispered, my gaze locked onto the ceiling of his room.

"Three?" Thad repeated, his fingers shifting my face toward him briefly.

"Yes, two girls and a boy," I replied.

"Why?" he inquired, his curiosity evident.

"What do you mean?" I asked, unsure of where he was going with this.

"Why two girls and not two boys?" he pressed.

"Because... the boys will all look like you, and I don't want pesky girls chasing my

boys around," I replied with a playful pout.

He chuckled, his eyes dancing with amusement.

"So you just admitted that I'm handsome, huh?" he teased, moving his hands from my stomach to cup my face.

"No, I didn't," I said, though I knew I had slipped up.

He laughed and kissed me softly.

"I'm fine with any child you want, Sera, as long as you're their mother," he murmured against my lips.

"Who said anything about marrying you, Thad?" I said, playfully pulling away.

"You're joking," he said, his gaze fixed on me.

"No, I'm not," I replied, holding back a laugh.

"You're going to marry me, whether you like it or not, Seraphine. Believe me, I will shred any man that comes near you into pieces. Only I..." he stopped, pointing to his chest. "Get to marry you and possess you."

I burst into laughter before pulling him in for a hug.

"Okay, okay, anything you want," I said, my voice muffled against his neck.

Present

As i wrapped up my yoga session, my phone chimed, and I quickly picked

it up, a smile forming on my face as I saw the caller ID.

"Hey," I greeted cheerfully

Is he that handsome and good in bed that you can't even remember to call

your friend, huh?" Clara's voice boomed through the phone.

I laughed. "I'm so sorry. How's Luna?" I asked, already missing my dog.

"She's fine. Now tell me, what's he like? Is he taking care of you really well?

What's his name? Is he..."

"One question at a time, Clara," I interjected, still chuckling.

"Just tell me everything now. I want to know who he is," she insisted.

"I'll explain it all to you when I get back," I reassured her.

She groaned audibly on the other end.

"You won't believe it!" she exclaimed.

"Believe what?" I inquired.

"Tyler broke up with that girl from the hotel," she revealed with a hint of

satisfaction.

"The one from the hotel?" I confirmed.

"Yeah," she replied. "I'm sure he'll be running back to me anytime now."

"And you're chasing him away," I added. "Because I'm not allowing you near