Chapter 15

Seraphina

"I can't believe I'm here without Luna. I miss her so much," I said, my gaze fixed on a picture of my dog on my phone.

I had been repeating that sentiment over and over since we disembarked from his plane and got into his car, and Thad appeared tired of hearing it.

He let out a sigh.

I turned my attention to the window, watching as we approached a large black gate.

"Are we not staying in a hotel?" I asked, my surprise evident as the gate opened and the driver drove us inside.

"No, I have my house here, multiple actually, but this one is closer," Thad explained, his fingers moving swiftly on his phone before he looked up at me.

"Don't worry, it's just for four days," he assured me.

I nodded in response, still processing the recent changes in my life. It was surreal to be on a trip with Thad in Paris after not seeing him for years.

We disembarked and entered the house, where servants promptly arrived to

collect our luggage.

"Let me show you to your room," Thad offered, leading the way upstairs, and I followed him, curious about the place where I would be staying for the next

few days.

"Did you prepare this for me?" I asked, taking in the room's décor.

It was undeniably adorable, in an expensive and fancy way, with everything in shades of pink.

"Yes, girls love pink a lot, so I decided to make it pink," he explained, a glint of pride in his eyes.

I stared at him, feeling a surge of mixed emotions. He had prepared this room for me, but it seemed he had forgotten something

fundamental about me - I actually hated the color pink.

It was a stark reminder that he had forgotten, and our connection wasn't what it used to be.

"Thanks," I whispered, my voice tinged with a hint of sadness, and he nodded in response.

"Make yourself at home," Thad said before he left the room, and the servants brought my luggage in.

I sighed, feeling a mix of emotions as I settled onto the bed. Thad's situation weighed on my mind, and I found myself yearning for him to regain his

memory, to remember our past and everything about me.

Another sigh escaped my lips as I pulled out my phone and messaged Clara, asking her to take good care of Luna.

As I lay on the bed, deep in thought, exhaustion took over, and I drifted into sleep without even realizing it.

Thad

After spending hours working on my laptop, I finally closed it and decided to step out of my room. I anticipated a bit of activity in the living room, perhaps Sera watching a movie or just hanging around.

However, as I walked down the quiet hallway towards her room, I began to feel a sense of unease. I let out a sigh and softly knocked on her door while calling her name.

"Sera! Sera!" I repeated, but there was no response. Concern growing, I knocked a bit louder, yet still, there was no answer. With a sense of trepidation,

I slowly pushed the door open and entered her room.

The room was dimly lit, and my gaze immediately went to the bed where I saw Sera. She was fast asleep, curled up on the bed with her hair spread across her face.

I walked over to her bed quietly and sat down by her side. With gentle fingers, I brushed the strands of hair away from her face.

She looked so peaceful and innocent in her slumber, and I couldn't help but feel a strange sensation inside me.

My eyes were drawn to her lips, and I felt a deep inner turmoil. They seemed to beckon me, and I found it increasingly difficult to control myself whenever I saw them.

One thing was becoming increasingly clear to me - I had dated Sera in my past, and despite her reluctance to admit it, we had loved each other.

The mystery of why I had lost my memory of her and how to regain it consumed my thoughts.

As Sera shifted in her sleep, tucking herself closer to me, a soft smile crept onto my face. She was undeniably the kind of woman I would want to date,