Chapter 4

Timeskip
(A week later)

Jake's pov

"Are the promotional activities almost done? Clients are starting to complain about it"
My eyes went to Jungwon.

"Yes, would you like me to call them here now?"
He took out his phone as I nodded.

"It better be worth the wait"
I muttered.

A few minutes later, the two ladies walked into my office with a laptop. Eunseo asked if we could use the projector, and I agreed to let them set up.

As soon as their slides were out, Nareum started to overflow me with her great ideas, but I was even more impressed when she involved a popular actress.

"I was thinking if we could contact Han Sohee as a model, make her an official ambassador of our brand"
Nareum looked at me with nothing but confidence.

"I see your vision. That'll be all, I'll do the contacting. You've proved yourself. Job well done"
I adjusted myself in my seat.

"Thank you, Mr Sim. And you are..?"
She looked over to Jungwon.

"Mr Yang, his assistant"
He replied shortly.

"Yes thank you. We'll make our way back if there's nothing else"
She told us.

"Jaeyun!"
Someone entered the door.

He came unannounced, again.

"Oh, am I interrupting something?"
He asked.

"Appa, why did you come without telling me?"
I stood up from my chair.

Nareum and Eunseo bowed to my dad, not daring to make eye contact with him.

"No need to be so formal. Carry on with your presentation, I'd like to know how my company is doing. Oh! I mean my son's company"
He laughed in that fatherly way.

"Oh sure. We were talking about our upcoming product that we're promoting"
Nareum said as Eunseo put up the slides again.

"Ms Yun, that's enough. You're dismissed. You too Ms Min"
I gave them a warning look.

The ladies bowed to me and then my father, leaving the room. Now I come to face with my dad, once again.

"What are you here for? There's nothing to check, now everything is under me. Not you anymore"
I pushed in my chair, waiting for his response.

"Well, I'm not here for the company. More to discuss some personal issues"
He shoved his hands in his pocket.

"And that is?"
I was a little curious now.

"You need a girlfriend, Jaeyun"
My dad responded.

My brain had to take a while to process what he had just said. Jungwon started coughing at the side. I was just stunned by the thought of me having a lover.

"So? What do you say? I have many great options in mind"
My dad raised his brows.

"Appa, I'm so busy with work. You left me to run this company. And I suddenly need a girlfriend? Are you even hearing yourself?"
I felt my anger level rising.

"There's no problem with that. If you managed to balance your work life, then it'd be no problem having a woman in your life"
He said that so simply as if a woman is easy to take care of.

"No. I'm not ready, nor do I want one at this age"
I denied.

"If not, I'll arrange a woman for you to date. And with marriage in mind"
He tapped on his ring.

How did having a girlfriend escalate so quickly to getting married?!

"No, that's worse"
I seriously has a hard time understanding my dad.

"Then get a girlfriend. I can give you some time. But not too much time"
He folded his arms.

"Fine, fine. 6 months"
I said.

"3 months"
He cut down my offer by half.

"Appa!"
I yelled.

"That's final. Or you're going to date the woman I pick"
He warned.

I glared at him, keeping my mouth shut. The tension in the room was rising and Jungwon looked so uncomfortable with the atmosphere.

I felt a little embarrassed in front of him, and just wanted to end the conversation with my dad as soon as possible.

"Fine"
I said, defeatedly.

"Good. I'm expecting to meet her by then. She must be ready to meet me"
My dad smiled, making me more irritated than I already was.

"Leave, now"
I kept my composure.

He took one last glance at me, and left as I said. I let out a sigh. I couldn't tell if I was relieved that he left, or I was frustrated by the news he left me with.

"Will you be okay, sir?"
Jungwon asked.

"Just rest on the couch, I need some time to think"
I spun around the swivel chair to face the city view.

Date? He thinks I have the f*cking time to date?

"Sir, if you don't mind me asking, have you ever dated before?"
Jungwon questioned.

"No. I've never been close to a woman before"
I replied.

"Then how are you going to fulfil your father's wish?"
He continued.

"Are you underestimating me? I have everything a woman could possibly want. Money, a good face, a charming personality"
I walked towards Jungwon on the couch.

"You don't seem that way to me. Did you see how every employee moved away from you when we ate in the cafeteria?"
Jungwon kept a straight face.

"They don't know me personally. What about Nareum and Eunseo? They sat nearby us"
I hoped that mentioning them would work.

"They weren't aware of who you were. You should've seen their faces when they came to our office the first time. They were even surprised to see me"
He scoffed.

"Then what about you? You've been a friend for long enough to see my charms"
I was getting annoyed.

"Sir, you're cold to everyone. Even me. You can never charm a woman, especially with that cold stare you're looking at me with right now"
Jungwon said nonchalantly.

"Alright. If you don't believe me, I have no choice but to prove it with my actions. Go get me a cup of coffee"
I walked back to my desk.

"Sir, this is your second coffee of the day. Are you sure?"
-Jungwon

I paused when I realised.

"Just go"
I pointed the door.

"Yes, sir"
Jungwon chuckled as he disappeared from my sight.

I have my hidden charms, just you wait.