Chapter 23

Timeskip
(Sunday)

Jake's pov

I bought myself a new mansion and furnished the whole place this week. It was hard toggling between work and putting my new home together, but everything is in place now.

I invited Nareum together with Jungwon and his girlfriend to my new house today, so they should be arriving anytime soon.

As for my mother, I also invited her over because I didn't get to talk to her ever since the argument with my dad. 

I felt bad for her, and I'd honestly be willing to let her live with me instead of with my dad, but I'm not sure if she'd she'd okay with that. I'll sort it out soon.

Just then, someone knocked on the door. I opened it, revealing my mom standing there. I smiled at her as she opened her arms, coming closer to me.

I hugged her, resting my chin on her shoulder. I felt all my worries wash away at that moment. 

“I miss you”
She hugged me tightly, shaking me a little.

“I'm sorry I left like that, I should've talked to you first”
I apologised, feeling quite guilty.

“It's okay, I know your father. But look at this house!”
She pulled away and looked behind me.

“It just finished renovation”
I said, letting her take a look around.

I was about to close the door when I saw the other three walking towards me. Jungwon was holding a paper bag.

“Here's a gift for your new house”
Jungwon passed me the bag.

I thanked him as I invited them in as well, locking the door behind them. I heard Jungwon greeting my mom.

“Oh! Jungwon, it's been so Iong”
My mom hugged Jungwon too.

“Hi auntie. It's nice to see you again”
Jungwon replied.

“Oh, and who must you be??”
My mom asked the unfamiliar face.

“Eunseo. I'm Jungwon's girlfriend, and Nareum's best friend”
She introduced herself excitedly.

“Wah, my two boys have such lovely and pretty ladies”
My mom pulled Nareum and Eunseo, putting them side by side.

They both laughed at her reaction. My mom treated Jungwon like her second son because we've been close for really long, so she seemed really happy to hear about his new relationship.

“I'll give a tour of my house, follow me”
I told them.

I showed them around my house, walking past the living room, kitchen, bedrooms, etc. I then went to the backyard.

“Is this why you asked us to bring a swimsuit?”
Nareum asked, stepping outside.

They were all looking at my pool now. 

“Mhm. Wanna go get changed?”
I asked and everyone nodded and I let them go upstairs.

“I'll prepare some towels for you all”
My mom looked at me.

“Yes please. Thank you”
I said and went inside the house with her.

10 minutes later

We all met in front of the pool again. The girls wore a one piece swimsuit each while Jungwon and I just wore trousers.

I noticed Jungwon had abs now I didn't know of before. 

“Someone has been working out. Is it for Eunseo?
I attack his abs from behind.