Chapter 24

Timeskip
(A few months later, Nareum's birthday)

Nareum's pov

Jake called me into his office today and I couldn't help but feel some anticipation because it was my special day today. It was my first birthday with him.

This time, I knocked on the door before going in. I was greeted by Jungwon and he let me in.

Jake wasn't at his desk, so I creased my forehead. Jungwon didn't say anything and just left the office. I looked around the room for Jake and a pleasant smile grew on my face when I turned around.

It was a cute present.

"Surprise!"
Jake exclaimed, suddenly waving at me excitedly.

He was wearing a red ribbon headband. I looked at him adoringly.

[For reference, not my picture]

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

[For reference, not my picture]

"Aww I love my present"
I hugged him, still maintaining eye contact.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart"
He giggled and then proceeded to kiss me on the cheek.

"You're wearing that for the whole day, right?"
I asked, holding back a chuckle.

His eyes widened and I just nodded, reassuring him that he heard me right.

"Only because it's your birthday"
He gave my nose a boop as he gave in to my request.

I clapped softly and then he brought me to his desk.

"I have quite some work to do though. Do you mind if I complete all this first? Then we can go out all day"
Jake sat down in his chair.

"Okayy"
I dragged my words and just decided to relax on the couch.

I went on social media, scrolling through people's posts to kill time. Not long after, I started to get bored. I looked over to Jake and he was busy filling in paperwork.

"Are you done??"
I put down my phone.

He didn't answer me and continued focusing on his work. I decided to go over and see what he was doing. I couldn't understand anything that was written on the paper. He does a lot of complex stuff for his age.

Jake rolled his shoulders back, so I volunteered to massage them for him as I stood next to him. Again, he didn't utter a word.

"Why are you ignoring me?"
I tried to ask again.

Silence filled the air and I just let go of his shoulders and chose to wait a while longer for him to finish up. However, a strong hand pulled me back.

A gasp escaped my lips when I landed on Jake's lap. He adjusted back his chair and just continued to do his work as I sat there still a little shocked.