Chapter 16

Timeskip
(Sunday)

Nareum's pov

“We're almost there”
Jake said.

Jake picked me up and drove me to his house to have dinner with his mom. I was still bothered by what happened in the office the other day, I hope everything goes well at his house.

He parked the car and I looked out the window to see a huge mansion.

Of course, it has to be a mansion.

We got out of the car and entered his house. A lady came towards us, beaming with delight when she saw me.

“You must be Nareum! Make yourself feel at home. I'm Jake's mother”
She took my hand into hers as she talked.

“Yes, thank you. It's nice to meet you”
I returned her smile.

We both sat in the living room and took turns talking about ourselves whereas Jake was setting up the table.

His mom made me feel at ease when we were conversing. She always had a smile on her face, like she genuinely enjoyed getting to know me.

“Eomma, food is ready”
Jake called out from the kitchen.

“Nareum, let's go eat. I can't wait to let you try my food”
She stood up and brought me to the kitchen.

I sat down on a high chair next to Jake while his mom sat in front of me.

“Go ahead and help yourself. There's plenty of food so don't worry”
She said.

I took a little bit of everything onto my plate and ate it with some rice. 

I would never want to eat out again if my home cooked food tastes like this.

“It's really good, auntie. I love it, you cook well”
I couldn't help but smile while eating.

I guess I know where Jake gets his cooking skills.

“Thank you! I'm glad you like it”
She said, eating her food as well.

“I forgot to ask, have you two gone on a date? I know my son is busy most of the time”
His mom asked.

“Yeah, but he made time for me and we flew kites. I enjoyed it”
I laughed shortly.

“That's good. Jake must really like you, he doesn't clear his schedule for just anyone”
She replied, grinning.

“Oh, yeah...”
I gave a small smile, but I felt my face heat up.

30 minutes later 

“You should stay with Jake longer before you go home. I'm going to go rest”
Jake's mom suggested.

“Oh sure”
I replied and she went off to her room.

“Do you want to take a look around?”
Jake asked and I agreed.

He gave me a tour of his house and I was just amazed by all the decor, high walls and how this whole place is meant for a family of three.

“And this is my bedroom”
He opened a door at the end of one of the hallways.

My jaw dropped. It looked like the size of my house.

“Oh my gosh, there's a balcony!”
I pointed to it.

“Do you want to go outside?”
He asked and I nodded instantly.

He brought me out and I was greeted with the breathtaking view of the orange sunset. 

“That's not fair, you get to see this every single evening”
I sulked.

I rested my forearm on the railing and admired the pretty sky. I felt Jake's chin on top of my head, resting each of his arms on the railing next to mine.

“I'm not your chin rest”
I said, moving my head.

I turned around to face him and gosh, his sun kissed skin was ethereal. 

He looked ethereal.

For the first time, I'm admiring how good looking he actually was. I was getting so lost in his eyes that I couldn't utter a word…

As if he's working magic on me.

He brought a hand up to my cheek and leaned in.

May I?
He asked, his eyes on my lips.

I nodded once and his lips were on mine, kissing me ever so gently. I kissed back, placing my hands on his shoulders. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

His other hand pulls me closer as we continue kissing as if we have all the time in the world. 

This has got to be the best feeling in the world.

After a while, Jake parted his lips from mine. 

“If it wasn't obvious already, I like you Nareum. I like you a lot”
Jake held both of my hands.

“No one has made me feel this way, but you. And I know this is going to sound dumb, but I want to take this relationship seriously. I want to make sure that it isn't just me who's feeling this way”
He sounded so genuine about it.

“Jake..of course I've been taking all this seriously. But if it makes you feel better, I'll be your girlfriend. Real girlfriend”
I swung his hands, a huge smile growing on his face.

“Oh how lucky am I to have you”
He let go of my hands.

Jake then wrapped his hands around me tightly, lifting me up excitedly. He then put me down and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

What a baby
I giggled at his burst of happiness.

“Can I have one more kiss?”
He looked at me with puppy eyes.

We'll see about that.

“Nope!”
I ran away, going back into his room.

He came in and chased after me. I quickly ran out of his room, going down the stairs towards the front door. A strong hand suddenly pulled me back.

“Got you!”
Jake spun me around.

He then gave me a peck on the lips successfully. We both break out into giggles until I heard someone's voice.

“You two are cute”
I turned to the voice and it was Jake's mom.

“Ohh, sorry auntie”
I became shy and hid behind Jake.

“Not at all. I like seeing people in love. Are you heading home now?”
She chuckled.

“Yeah, it's getting late”
I moved back to my original spot she she could see me.

“I'll drive you home”
Jake said.

“Okay. I'll see you again then”
She waved to me and I waved back.

“Let's go”
Jake and I left the house.

It felt like my shoulders felt lighter when I left the house than when I entered, I was relieved.