Chapter 5

Timeskip
(Two days later)

Nareum's pov

I've been adapting well to my new workplace. Eunseo has gotten closer to me after the incident. 

We've been informed earlier that Han Sohee agreed to be an ambassador, and now we're planning on how we should shoot the commercial.

Eunseo has been doing an amazing job by keeping things organised while I try and listen to everyone's opinions about the plan. 

Surprisingly, they were very professional and didn't exclude me out of the conversation like I was always their colleague. I thought they'd act cold because I was new, but I was wrong.

“Nareum, you're doing great. With you, we'll get all of this done in no time”
One of the colleagues praised me.

“Thank you. We just have to focus on the outfits now, and that should be it”
I replied.

“Great, I have a few ideas. Should we do a clean look or something eye catching?”
Eunseo asked.

“A clean look, so the product stands out more. Does anyone have any objections?”
I looked at everyone for a reaction.

They shook their heads and Eunseo picked out a simple but elegant white dress for our model. Everyone liked it and we finalised a few things before dispersing our separate paths.

It felt satisfactory to finish so much work. It was definitely a productive day for me.

“Everyone, let's have lunch together! What do you say?”
Mrs Hong shouted for the office to heat.

Everyone gave explosive responses, and they all headed for the cafeteria. I followed behind with Eunseo of course.

All the workers occupied one whole row of tables and chatted with each other while they ate.

A colleague who was working with me earlier sat beside me and decided to strike a conversation with Eunseo and I since we were new.

“So how have you two been coping with the new environment?”
She asked us.

“Okay, I've been getting used to it. I'm glad everyone treats us equally here”
Eunseo replied.

“I agree, some places just neglect newbies. I understand..but they can get really rude. At least most people here treat me with respect”
I added on, looking at Eunseo to see if she caught my hint.

“Yea, most of the people here are friendly. Just one or two that aren't”
Eunseo told the colleague.

“And who would that be? It's okay to be transparent”
She said, her voice sounding trustworthy.

“Our boss. Mr Sim”
I answered.

“Oh. He'd never be friendly, that's not even in his vocabulary”
She laughed.

“I believe you. He was staring at us during lunch I think a few days back”
I said, creeped out.

“Yea. His assistant too. He was intimidating me with his stare when we were doing our presentation”
Eunseo pouted.

“They're both known for giving the cold shoulder. Ask any worker here, and they'd get chills just thinking of them. And most importantly, don't fall for their good looks”
She said firmly.

“Why?”
-Eunseo

“They'll cast a spell on you, and boom! You'll fall in love but be left with a broken heart!”
She did jazz hands.

Eunseo and I side eyed each other, giving her a weird look.

“I'm joking. I apologise, but seriously do not fall for them. They may not play around with employees, but we heard rumours that they go clubbing and flirt with multiple women, giving them false hope”
She explained.

“Rumours are rumours. But either way, there's no chance of us getting near them. Don't worry”
I shrugged.

“Good. Okay enough with the talk. Eat up”
She said, motioning for us to continue with our meals. 

I sort of understood why Mr Sim asked us to redo our plan. As a ceo, you would want everything to be perfect for the sake of the company's reputation.

His quite meticulous, not that intimidating. Nevertheless, I managed to impress him. He's cold, I definitely agree. And I mean…

Objectively, he's handsome.

Timeskip
(4pm)

I leaned back on my office chair and saw that it was an hour before I get off work. Just a few more things to get through.

Suddenly, I got a text from my phone. It was Eunseo, pleading me to make her a latte from the staff's lounge.

I got up and made my way there. It was okay, I needed to get off my seat anyway. I was stirring the latte as I was walking back.

It was kind of near the brim of the cup, so I kept a close eye on it while going back to the office.

As I was walking past the lifts, a tall figure exited and I couldn't save myself in time, spilling the drink on the person's blazer. 

“Sh*t, I'm so sorry”
I took a step back and made eye contact with…Mr Sim.

“F*ck”
He muttered, loud enough for me to hear.

I don't feel even a pinch of sorrow now that I know who it is.

“Sir, are you okay?”
Mr Yang asked rushing to him.

Mr Sim kept quiet and unbuttoned his blazer, removing it. He held it up between two fingers, letting Mr Yang take it.

“You should've walked slower, check your surroundings before you walk into someone”
I told him, unbothered by the mess.

What?
He sounded appalled.

“You could hear me just fine”
I said.

“If you like to move your mouth so much, then get a new blazer for me”
He rolled up his sleeves.

“You really think an employee would buy the ceo a new blazer? Ironic, don't you think?”
I lifted a brow.

“Then if you would, wash it”
Mr Sim took the dirty jacket from Mr Yang, throwing it right at me.

It landed on my arm, it's sleeve over my head. I let it slide down, just to have my hair messed up. A ball formed in my mouth, sighing I'm frustration.

“Are you sick in the head?!”
I yelled at him.

“Clean it, or lose your job. And I'm one who keeps my word”
He walked over the puddle of coffee on the ground and left.

Why is he so petty all of a sudden?