Chapter 25

Timeskip
(Wedding day)

Jake's pov

"You may now kiss the bride"
The officiant said.

I pressed my lips against Nareum's as I heard a round of applause echo through the wedding hall. We let go of the kiss, smiling at each other.

We posed for the camera in front of us and I said thank you to the crowd, letting them sit back down before Nareum and I went down the stage to eat.

"This day couldn't be more perfect"
Nareum said, taking a bite of her food.

"I'm glad everything went well, sweetheart"
I said gladly.

"Jaeyun...congratulations"
A familiar voice said.

I turned my head and saw my father. He was giving me a weak smi, e and my gaze hardened.

"Can I..talk to you?"
He asked quietly.

I've never seen him this timid. I stood up and left to go outside the wedding hall as he followed behind me. I closed the door behind us and faced him.

"I just want to say I'm sorry for everything bad I've done to you. Forcing you to be in a relationship, or even taking over the company in the first place. I'm sincerely..sorry"

"I know you're still angry at me, but I want to say that, you've grown up well, Jaeyun. I'm sorry for being a bad father"

-My dad

He took a deep breath while looking down, but I noticed a tear falling from his eye.

"I'm glad that you're married, to someone you actually love and had a grand wedding. I just wanted to congratulate you and apologise to you"
He suddenly hugged me.

I stood still, not knowing what to do. He hasn't hugged me in years.

"I'm sorry, Jaeyun. Things have been hard back at home without you. I was hoping you could forgive me"
He sniffled.

I sighed and rubbed his back. After all, he's my father. A part of him is still in how I talk and act. He still raised me to be someone independent and strong-minded.

"I forgive you. Those few months that I left you were for you to realise that what you did was wrong. I'll continue paying the bills for you from now on"
I said, slowly pushing him off me.

Eomma agreed to live with me without him around for a while, so he ended up living by himself for the past few months.

"Thank you. Thank you so much. I wish you the best life with Nareum"
He wiped his tears.

"Okay, let's go back inside"
I patted his shoulders and walked back into the wedding hall.

Timeskip
(2 hours later)

It was time for Nareum to throw the bouquet into the crowd of ladies to close off the ceremony.

"3, 2, 1!"
She counted down.

Nareum threw the bouquet backwards, and all the eyes were glued to it as they moved towards where it was going to land.

However, I saw that it landed perfectly into Eunseo's arms. She looked shocked, covering her mouth, and everyone else clapped for her.

I took the mic and then spoke into it.

"O? Who's going to be her future groom? Who is it? Who could it be?"
I scanned the room and then finally pointed to Jungwon

"Mr Jungwon over there, you have a proposal to prepare~"
I teased as I looked at his face, turning red.

Everyone cooed at the two of them. The ladies pushed Eunseo towards Jungwon, and he caught her in his arms, looking at each other feeling embarrassed.

"Congrats!"
Everyone said to Nareum and I and got their stuff before leaving the wedding hall.

Jungwon and Eunseo walked towards us.

"You planned that, didn't you?"
Eunseo pointed a finger at Nareum.

"Nope. It just so happened to be that the bouquet chose you"
Nareum laughed.

"Looks like you have some work to do"
I teased Jungwon once more.

He scoffed while smirking, finding it unbelievable.

"But congrats, you two! I almost cried hearing your vows. And the food was good too"
Eunseo said happily.

"You're always here for food. But thank you. I'll be at your wedding too"
Nareum giggled.

"We have a lot left to sort out. You two go home first, okay?"
I told the couple.

They nodded and waved goodbye. Then I saw my mom walking towards us.

"My son is finally married. To such a lovely, lovely girl. Congratulations"
She brought both Nareum and I into a tight hug.

"Thank you, eomma"
I said as we let go.

"All my friends were so happy to see you getting married. I couldn't be more proud"
A smile was plastered on her face.

"I'll love your son well, Mrs Sim"
Nareum put her hands around me, smiling back at my mom.

"Of course. Well, I'll be looking forward to some grandchildren"
She looked away from me, putting her hands behind her back.

Nareum and I went quiet.

"Your dad is already bringing back all the things from your house back to ours. So..do what you have to do"
My mom suddenly whispered I my ear.

"Eomma"
My eyes widened at her.

"Okay, just don't take too long. I'm not getting any younger. I'll be leaving now. Love you. Bye Nareum"
She laughed and waved to us, leaving the wedding hall as well.

I was going to move, but I looked down at Nareum, who was still attached to me. She looked like she was zoning out.

"Nareum?"
I tapped her shoulder.

"Grandchildren..."
She trailed off, staring into space.

"Why? Are you thinking of it?"
I asked.

"What? No?"
She defended.

"Oh, so you're thinking of it?"
I softly said, the corner of my lips quirked up.

"What are you saying? No, I'm not. Gosh"
She took her hands off me, walking off.

"Sweetheart, I'm joking"
I caught up with her, laughing at her serious face.

"I love you"
I put a hand on her waist, trying to get her attention.

We waited in front of the lift to go up to the hotel room to change out of our wedding attire.

"Ey, you can't ignore me on our wedding day"
I put a hand under her chin and turned her face to mine.

I left a quick peck on her lips, and there she goes with her cute red cheeks, saying she loves me back

This attractive sweetheart.

Yun Nareum.

Loves me back.

Though things were rocky at first..

It couldn't be helped.

She really fell under my spell.

______________
♧THE END