Chapter 56

*Grace's P.O.V*

Once I start to calm down, mommy carries me downstairs. She is talking about something but I don't pay any attention to what she is saying! Why would I? She said I could maybe get a bunny and that was the bestest news I could ever get! It means I'm definitely getting a bunny!

"Gracie," Mommy says sternly, making me pause slightly in my thoughts as I furrow my eyebrows. She doesn't sound happy with me at the moment. What did I miss? Had I done something bad that she is just finding out about? I don't think I have...

"You weren't listening to a thing mommy said, were you?" she asks, making me shake my head slightly.

"I 'cited... bunny," I explain to her, making her smile.

"Well... Mommy asked whether you wanted to be changed into a pullup or a diaper?'' She asks again and I hesitate before answering. I definitely didn't want a diaper! I was a big girl and big girls don't wear diapers but a pullup didn't sound that good either! I shouldn't wear a pullup either, right? I mean I wasn't even taking a nap so I didn't need a pullup! I can easily make the potty when I am awake!

"panties... big girl panties," I reply, making mommy sigh as she goes to set me down. After she sets me down, she crouches down to be at eye level with me.

"I know that you are my big girl but I think you should wear protection, just in case right now. This is your second accident today and if there is a third time, I would rather it be a wet pullup or diaper than big girl panties," Mommy states, making me huff. I shake my head, refusing to look at her.

"Grace, it is just this one time so I can make sure that you won't have an accident that is a hassle to clean up. So why don't we go with a pullup, hmm? That way you can still go potty easily and be mommy's big girl, showing mommy how much you don't need any protection. I promise to take you to the potty as much as you need," Mommy promises, making me whine.

"I not mean to have accident," I whisper, making her sigh as she pulls me close before picking me back up.

"I know you didn't mean to Gracie baby... it's just a precaution. If you really don't want it then that's fine. I'm not going to make you if you aren't comfortable with it. Even if you look absolutely adorable in your pullups," Mommy says as she tickles my sides lightly. I squeal as I try to squirm away in surprise, giggles escaping me as I do so.

"No... stop it, mommy! I wear one! I wear my pullup!" I agree, just to get her tickling to stop. She pauses, giving me a suspicious look as she pulls me closer before she covers my face in kisses and I squeal loudly in protest at that!

"Mommy, nooo! No fair!" I say as I try to cover my face but she pulls my hands away, making me whine even louder in protest. I couldn't believe that she was being so mean by kissing me like this! I didn't want her lipstick all over my face! It's embarrassing!

"Mommy thinks Gracie needs a bunch more of my kisses. Especially after getting so scared from falling out of bed and getting an owie," Mommy says before she continues to cover my face in kisses. I whine at that, trying my bestest to turn away from her and squirm out of her arms to run off. She keeps a hold of me for a bit but eventually I escape and make a break for it. I make it all the way to the steps before pausing, debating on if I should run or walk up them. That is until mommy uses my hesitation to catch me again.

"Oh goodness, thankfully I'm so quick or else my baby would have run away. She needs to always stay with her mommy, after all," Mommy declares as she carries me down the hall. I huff at her words, refusing to look at her as she carries me into her and Daddy's room.

"I not stay here!" I retort as I try to run away again as soon as she sets me down. That doesn't work this time because she doesn't let go of my arm and pulls me back to her.