Chapter 92

*Fami's P.O.V*

Feeling bad for Grace and because I want my sweet, sweet revenge, I go over to the crib and hold my arms out to her, beckoning Grace to climb into my arms. I lean over and keep my hands close as Grace once again grabs the edge and lifts herself up. As she lets go, I rest a hand gently on her diapered bottom, allowing her to lean against it for support as this time she wraps her arms around my neck. She gives me a kiss by pressing her paci a little roughly to my chin with a giant smile on her face so I forgive her and smile back, rubbing our noses together, making her giggle.

"Who's mama wittle baby? You are! You are mama wittle baby! Yes you are!" I tell her as I remove my hand from her bottom. Eventually, I watch her fall but keep a hand behind her head in case she falls too far back. There were a couple times in her previous falls I really thought she was going to hit her head so we can't be too careful now.

I watch as she's frustrated but she's stubborn so will try again. To make sure, I pet her hair since my hand is there and because she's just so cute before I watch her tilt her head to my hand for a cheek rub. I happily give in and watch as she tries to follow my hand up but falls back down quickly from going too fast. She tries again but slower, and again, I don't help her, letting her fall when she reaches out to me. I protect her head again though and give her a little pet and caress before taking it away. This time though, I bring my hand to the mobile and give it a light spin, drawing little Gracie's full attention to it.

To go with the sun theme of the crib, the mobile is a bunch of clouds, making the entire crib sky themed. It has normal clouds, thunder clouds, rain clouds, snow clouds, and some wind symbols. Oh, and some birds...

"So this is where my grandmother's birds went... I knew a little miss trouble maker was lying when she said she had no idea where they went..." I tell both of them and tickle Grace for revenge, making her squirm and fall during her attempt to stand and play with the mobile.

She pouts at me and I feel bad so I bend down and kiss the top of her head a couple times while playing with her hair until the pout is gone. I even help her stand by supporting her bottom, with a couple pat pats because I just can't help myself, of course, while she excitedly plays with the clouds, winds, and birds. It's just so cute watching her try to grab one but making it spin away instead, to then forget about it because a new one is spotted, just for it to happen again that I continue supporting her and patting her cute diapered bottom longer than planned.

"Ah, I was hoping you wouldn't notice that... sorry... she just really wanted them. It was hard to continue saying no after all the pleading and begging. Plus she ignored me all day after that didn't work and even decided it was better to stand in the corner after you put her in timeout for not listening to me than accept the no and move on. So I caved and gave her what she wanted. Again, sorry..." He tells me with a bit of frustration and actual concern in voice.

"It's fine, love. They are meant to be on a mobile anyway. I think they were my mother's? If I remember correctly, they were on my mother's crib mobile and my grandmother kept them for me but my mom refused them because it clashed with her theme... you know how she gets with her room themes... so they sat and the strings withered away. After she died, I decided to keep them for an eventual mobile but kind of forgot and just left them as a shelf piece. I'm glad they are finally floating again though..." I tell him with a genuine smile on my face.

"But that does sound just like Grace and her stubborn... butt. I did wonder why she was acting so strange towards you that day. It wasn't like her to be so distant and unresponsive from any of us, let alone you. You must have caved during the timeout because she was all over you after and wanted nothing to do with me anymore..." I tell me, confirming my suspicions with his guilty look.

With that confirmed, I remove my hand from Grace's bottom and caress her cheek, surprised with how well she is actually standing up. That is until my caress distracts her enough that she leans back to follow a bird and catch it, and continues falling back, landing flat with a plop and a bounce.

Giggling, she rolls to her stomach and crawls to the opposite side because that is the side she was facing after rolling over. I struggle to hold back my laughter as she finally stands and looks up to see no mobile. The look of betrayal and frustration on her face as she realizes it's way over here now is just too cute and precious that a few chuckles do escape me.

Her attempting to walk over to it stops the laughter in my throat as I bolt to catch my falling baby girl. Luckily she falls straight forward though so no damage is done but I definitely give her a couple playful slaps to the bottom for scaring me like that but she completely ignores them. Deciding it's time to get my revenge on Matias now that he left, I get the attention of Grace by picking her up and setting her on her feet.

"If you want to stay standing, baby, you got to say mama... can you say mama for me? Ma ma... come on, Gracie, say the magic word... mama... ma ma!" I tell her, rubbing our noses every now and then to keep her attention. When she doesn't respond, my hands just kind of slip away and let her fall.

"I told you baby... you got to say the magic word! Try it with me... ma ma... ma ma... mama..." I tell her rubbing her nose and giving it a kiss as I pick her up again and set her on her feet. When she doesn't respond again, I let her fall once again.

"You were so close, baby... try it with me now... mama... ma ma... ma... ma..." I tell her as I pick her back up. I get excited when she opens her mouth to speak but complete gibberish comes out so I let her down somewhat gently. I don't want her biting her tongue after all.

"That was such a good job, baby! Ma ma... ma ma... ma.. ma.. is so proud of you! You almost had it and were almost standing on your own. Didn't you feel how slowly you fell after? Wasn't it nice? Just imagine how nice it would be if you said ma... ma... ma ma... mama..." I tell her, bringing her back to her feet. This time I wait for her to say something and am rewarded with a string of mamas all at once but that isn't what I want either so I very slowly, like a feather falling in the wind, set her down.

"That was so very close, baby. This close to the magical word... try saying it just once, okay? Trying saying ma ma... ma ma... can you just say ma ma..." I tell her, caressing her cheek.

"Ma... ma... ma... ma..." She starts saying as she leans in to my touch, making me stop to pick her up.

"What was that, baby? Did mama hear you right? Did you say mama? Did you say the magic word to stand? Did you say... ma ma? Ma ma? Mama?" I ask, struggling to hold back my excitement but not really needing to as Gracie seems even more excited than me.

"ma... ma... ma ma... mama... mama!" She says, kind of bouncing in my arms. I give her a kiss on the nose and a genuine smile, which she returns.

"Again, baby, again! Let mama hear it again!" I tell her, knowing my revenge is locked in now. Now just to teach her the very bad no standing word...