Chapter 82

*Grace's P.O.V*

Mommy wraps her arms around me and lifts me up, holding me close. She doesn't even seem to notice that I'm getting flour all over her dress or if she does notice, she doesn't seem to care at all. She presses a kiss to my forehead as she rubs my back gently, holding me as close as she can.

"Oh goodness, I was worried I would come back and you still wouldn't be in one piece," Mommy says as she tilts my head up and looks me in the eyes. I pout at her words, upset that she would say such a thing or even think that but still leave me with meanie Zahira.

"Mommy, you so mean," I tell her, making her smile slightly as she covers my face in kisses. I squeal in protest, trying to move away from her. Daddy takes me from Mommy as Mommy turns her attention to Jazmin. Jazmin smiles as she holds out her arms, seeming confused when Mommy freezes and doesn't immediately pick her up. Mommy's eyes are wide, like she can't believe what she's seeing.

"Does that mean what I think it does?" Mommy asks in total shock and disbelief.

"Yup... big sis now!" Jazmin says, totally not understanding what is going on.

"No," Mommy says with a look of disbelief as she looks at Zahira instead.

"Yup!" Zahira confirms now instead.

"Nooo!!" Mommy once again says.

"Yes," Zahira says with a smile, making me bounce slightly. Daddy sets me down, scooping Jazmin up instead as he covers her face in kisses.

"You're going to be a big sister?" Daddy asks, making Jazmin nod as she grabs her shirt and tries to hold it out for him to see better. He hugs her tightly, making me giggle at how tightly he is holding her like she'll disappear if he let's go.

"Yeah, and it's going to be a girl because boys are icky. Mama even said so," Jazmin says, making Daddy gasp dramatically. I swear that him and Oli are just alike because they're so over dramatic all of the time.

"You're serious?" Mommy asks Zahira, seeming to be eyeing her stomach as if hoping that would be a clue. I giggle at the expression on both of their faces, looking away when the attention turns to me.

"Yes mom, I'm super serious. Not about the gender though. We have no clue on that yet," Zahira states, making Mommy put her hand over her heart as if trying to keep it from beating out of her chest.

"This isn't like the cat thing?" Mommy asks, seeming to double check.

That makes me giggle again, seeing as Zahira had nearly given mom a heart attack when she was nineteen and in college. She had acted like she was having a baby only for it to be a cat she adopted and put in a onesie.

"No, it's not like a cat. I swear to you mom, I am pregnant and I am going to have a baby," Zahira reassures Mommy who breaks out of her stupor to hug Zahira tightly. I narrow my eyes, pushing my hands in between them after a moment.

"What is it Gracie?" Mommy asks, seeming confused by me trying to separate them.

"Going to hurt the baby. Stop it," I huff, making Zahira snort. I look at her in confusion, not understanding what she found funny about the baby being potentially hurt. It wasn't funny! I was serious and didn't deserve to be treated so rudely.

"Mom is not going to hurt the baby or me Grace," Zahira reassures me, making me narrow my eyes at her. She couldn't know that for sure so it was better to be safe.

"I forgot how much of a little bodyguard she was when you were pregnant with Jazmin. Wouldn't even let me sit near you so you could have the whole couch to yourself so the baby could be comfortable," Mommy teases, making me huff as I stomp my foot. It wasn't funny, Jazmin could have gotten hurt if Zahira didn't stretch out. Or at the very least be uncomfortable and I hadn't wanted that. I'm sure Jazmin didn't want that either!

"You're already teasing her," Zahira says, making me pout. Of course Mommy was being mean and teasing me, that's what she always did and I didn't like it one bit. I couldn't believe that she would think such a thing would be appropriate. I stomp off, unhappy to be around them now that Mommy had teased me. I didn't like teasing and I didn't like Mommy anymore her for teasing.

I plop myself on the couch, crossing my legs and sitting there with my arms over my chest. They would have to come to me if they wanted my attention. I sat there for a little bit before huffing, realizing that no one was going to follow me. I wriggle uncomfortably, pouting slightly as I look down at my lap.

"What's wrong Auntie?" Jazmin asks, making me look up and realize that she had followed me.

"Nothing, just don't like being in the kitchen with the loud people," I tell her, making her nod her head as if my explanation made perfect sense. Which to her I'm sure it did. I was thankful for that because I had just lied through my teeth about the real reason of me wanting to see who would follow me.

"Yeah, mama is always loud. Especially when I try to take the kitty into the bath with me," Jazmin sighs, like Zahira's reaction to that is overboard. I could see why, I've messed with Zahira's cat once and he bit the hell out of me when I picked him up the wrong way. Apparently if you didn't support his butt it meant he could abuse you with his sharp teeth.

"I go get ready for my baby, you help?" Jazmin asks, making me shrug and get up. Why not? It wasn't like I had anything else to do so I may as well just go with her. She takes my hand, dragging me to her room. It is a mess, something that surprises me since I know Zahira is rather anal about cleaning.

"Your mama doesn't care about the mess?" I ask curiously, knowing that I would not have been allowed to dirty my room at her age. Well I didn't even have a room half the time so it's not like it mattered if I could get it dirty or not.

"We clean Saturday. Mama help 'nd so do Daddy," Jazmin says. I noticed her words sound slightly muffled and slurred so I look, smiling when I see that she has her thumb in her mouth. She leads me to a doll crib, tipping it over and pulling out the blankets.

"'ou put by my bed," Jazmin pushes the crib to me and I pick it up, deciding that maybe leaving the grownups and playing with Jazmin wasn't so bad afterall.