Chapter 64

*Grace's P.O.V*

When I wake up, it is to a hand patting my bottom. I look around and realize that Mommy has laid me down on my belly in the living room. She has laid a blanket under me and one on top of me. I turn my head, seeing Mommy. She sighs when she sees I'm awake.

"After an hour of holding you, I laid you down and thought I could get away with some extra diaper pats. How foolish of me," Mommy says. I whine as I roll over onto my back, reaching up to her. She scoops me up, resting me on her hip.

I realize with a frown that my diaper feels super heavy. I know from experience that means I'm usually soaking wet. Maybe Mommy had been right about me wearing a diaper. I definitely think my pullup would have leaked if she let me wear one.

Without me needing to say anything, mommy carries me upstairs, pausing when we see Daddy frantically scanning his surroundings. He clearly is panicking while looking around for something.

"Grace... Gracie, dear... please come out... this isn't a great time for hide and seek! If Fami finds out...," Daddy says, making Mommy clear her throat.

"Yeah, too late for that, dear. You lost her about an hour ago. You were supposed to read her to sleep, not the other way around," Mommy says as Daddy jumps from us startling him. He then groans as he spots me already in mommy's arms. Mommy walks over to him and smacks the back of his head. Daddy jerks, seeming confused as he rubs the spot.

"Grace is a very good reader, what can I say. Plus, i knew she was in good... no, the best hands with you here!" Daddy says as he pulls Mommy close, pressing a surprise kiss to her lips.

"No! Bad! No kissies!" I demand, making both of them look at me. I shrink under their gazes, my face burning when they both laugh and kiss me instead so of course I only push daddy away!

"Gracie doesn't like sharing her mommy, it seems," Mommy says as she bounces me slightly. I shake my head, knowing that I would never share my mommy again.

"Well fine, I see how it is. You and Mommy can have your room then and I'll make our room into a mancave," Daddy says, darting out of sight before Mommy can say anything. Mommy just rolls her eyes as she carries me into my room and over to the changing table, plopping me down on it. I lay back before she can make me, letting her fix the strap into place.

"Ooh, someone has decided to be good after trying to avoid their nap, hm? Is someone just ready for a change? Is that that it? Is mommy's baby just ready to get all cleaned up?" Mommy asks. My cheeks burn as I shake my head, trying to deny her words.

"Pullup or diaper baby?" she questions, making me pause.

I hadn't thought about that at all, surprisingly. I was confident enough to have my pullup back after my nap but I didn't know if I should risk it with how today has been going. I haven't been doing a very good job at making the potty today. I also kind of liked how puffy the diaper was and how it was so comfortable. My thoughts are interrupted as mommy pushes a pacifier into my mouth so I can't continue biting my bottom lip.

"Pullup," I decide, trying to play it safe as Mommy undoes the tapes on my diaper. She does as I asks, changing me out of the diaper and into a pullup. The pullup feels...inadequate after the diaper but I've already committed to wearing it so I couldn't back out now.

"You're fast," I say, earning a small smile from Mommy as she unstraps me from the table and lifts me up onto her hip.

"I knowww, right? It's almost like I've had plenty of time to practice with Jazmin and even though my little baby may be a bit bigger than that, it's the same process," Mommy says as she covers my face in kisses. I squeal, pouting at her as I can't believe that she would cover me in icky kisses. I didn't like kisses that much, they were just a way Mommy used to be mean to me.

"No kissies, only kissie yourself," I tell Mommy sternly, earning a small chuckle. Mommy shakes her head as she carries me back downstairs and sets me on my blanket.

"This is your little play area. You stay in this room and come find me or daddy if you want something. I'll be out back while daddy is in the garage. If you need anything, and I mean anything, you come get us," Mommy says, making me nod my head. There's a little toy chest tucked against the tv stand but Mommy puts Coraline back on so that takes my attention.

I watch Coraline all the way to the end, my thumb replacing my pacifier after a certain amount of time. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and I pause, seeing Elena. I sit up, trying to hide my pullup and onesie with my blanket.

"Take a chill pill Grace, I don't care that you're in a pullup. I've seen you in one before," Elena says, making my eyes widen. She knew about my pullups!? How? She glances at the tv, her jaw dropping and her eyes narrowing.

"You watched Coraline without Zahira, she's going to be so mad once I tell on you," she threatens, making me shake my head.

"Don't tell," I say, my heart dropping at the fact that Zahira would find out about me watching Coraline without her. Zahira loved Coraline, it was a movie that we used to watch together all the time when I first got here.

"Ooh I'm so telling," Elena threatens, making me shake my head a million times in my effort to tell her no.

"Elena, enough teasing," Daddy's voice makes the both of us jump and I turn my head to see him standing in the kitchen. I'm slightly relieved, mostly because he would save me. He comes into the living room, a sippy cup in his hand which he gives to me. My face burns so hot that I hide my face into my blanket, not believing he would do that in front of Elena.

"Relax Gracie, I already know about you and your whole being babied thing. It doesn't bother me if you enjoy being babied," Elena says as she plops down next to me, tugging my blanket away from my face.

"I get to pick the next movie though," she says sternly, making me nod hesitantly.

"Good, then we're watching Cars," Elena decides as she pulls me up and onto her lap, holding me like she used to when we were younger. I let her, too surprised she isn't teasing me or trying to trick me into watching something scary like she always does.