7. beautiful

GABRIEL DALTON

Alexia and Lonzo got home from their trip two days ago. Lonzo is still in vacation mode and it shows. I've been practically swept off my feet with the amount of work I've had to do. Thank God nothing went wrong whilst he was away.

Harriet makes us lunch as Lonzo scrolls through his laptop, checking through some information he was sent before he left and said that I didn't need to deal with it. I had enough on my plate as it is.

Now I can breathe again.

"Everything with Zane alright?" Lonzo asks, not once dragging his eyes away from the laptop screen.

I hum and thank Harriet when she places a rice bowl in front of us. "He's keen and we'll see him tonight so you can go over whatever you think needs clarifying."

Lonzo's dark eyes find mine and he nods. "Good, glad to know that we can build something with him."

"Nightclubs are always profitable. It's getting more popular by the second." I say as I pick up my fork and dig into my food. "But could also be used for benefitting other things."

"Like?"

I shrug simply, mouth full of food. "Washing money if needed. They rake in so much every night, it would be easy."

He stares at me for a moment and draws himself away from the screen. "I guess that's true. Let's discuss it tonight because I know Zane might have another idea about it."

I nod silently and finish the rest of my lunch. Soon Alexia joins us downstairs, her dark hair damp and her olive skin glowing with a fresh tan. I'm jealous how sunkissed they look when I've been working my ass off.

Alexia smiles at me and then slinks her arm over Lonzo's shoulder, his arm automatically sliding around her waist. Then all of a sudden she's sitting in his lap, entwined against one another. The food in my mouth turns into cement as I watch them.

Lonzo stares at my sister as if she is his entire world. Once upon a time those eyes used to be dull and lifeless–angry. But now, one glance at her and his entire face warps into something I've never seen before.

How she changed him... I'll never know.

Then Alexia leans forward and presses a kiss to his lips. I almost gag. "Alright, alright," I say loudly, dropping my fork and waving my hands in front of my face. "You two had weeks to yourself and I really, really don't need to see that. Okay?"

Fucking hell. I'm going to have to dip my head in a bucket of bleach. I am never going to get used to this,

Alexia chuckles but doesn't remove herself from my boss' lap. "Affrontarlo," Lonzo grumbles under a breath.

(Affrontarlo: deal with it)

I roll my eyes in his direction and busy myself with the rest of my food. Alexia thankfully steps off of Lonzo's lap and Harriet serves her a bowl for lunch in which she thanks her and sits down beside me.

"So are we going out tonight?" She asks.

"Yeah," I nod. "You in?"

Her eyes light up with a confident nod. "Most definitely. It was nice relaxing but now I'm ready for a party."

Lonzo snorts. "You mean where you get wasted and stumble about in a pair of heels?"

"Never heard you complaining about it before," she wiggles her eyebrows in a suggestive manner.

I stand from the table abruptly before I hear anymore. "Yeah, you two need to cut this shit out."

"Never said anything," Lonzo mumbles as his eyes float back to his laptop.