Chapter Two: Everything

~Xavier~

"Stop the car."

"Alpha wha-"

"Stop the fucking car!" I growl out.

I immediately hear the car reach to a halt. I get out, not even bothering to shut the door, and I make my way to her. The rain is still coming down, soaking my clothes in the process.
Once I reach her the realization hits me. Human. I have to be careful, I don't want to scare her. When she sees me getting closer she starts to step back so I stop. How the fuck was I to do this without scaring her away?

"Sorry, I uh-I saw you standing here on the way to work-" I say with clenched fists, trying not to lose control.

My wolf howls at the edge just wanting to touch her.

I don't know how, I don't know why, but she is my mate. I have been given something so special. Just looking at her I see how pure she is, how beautiful. I also see, however, how sad she seems. How fragile. She doesn't make eye contact with me, she stares at the ground, avoiding my eyes. Why won't she look at me? I just want to see her gorgeous eyes. Are they dark brown? Are they green? I step closer, before stopping again when I hear her heart start to race.

"I don't mean to scare you. I just wanted to know if you need a ride. The rain is getting worse." I say, begging her with my voice to just look back at me. I can see her struggling with herself. She bit her lip...fuck.My wolf just wants me to hold her, warm her, help her. I want so badly to take her with me. But she is human, I have to do this the right way. That's when I hear her quiet voice start to say something. Her eyes slowly make their way to my face.

"I-I am fine. T-Thank you." She is lying. She isn't fine. Her sweet voice almost distracts me from my thoughts. Her heart is still racing fast.
"Please, let me help you." I say gently. That's when her eyes finally meet mine and I am captured in them. Ocean Blue. I can feel our connection even more now. I can see her. I feel her relax a little. Does she feel it too? I can tell she is arguing with herself. Not sure of what she feels or if she should trust me. I reach out my hand to her, giving her a small smile. Goddess, I hope she feels the bond too, and that she'll take my hand. She doesn't take her eyes off of mine.

I examine her face as much as I can. Freckles, blessing her skin. Her eyelashes are dark and long. Her nose was small. Lips, plump.

I sense her hand come out of her hoodie pocket and slowly start to reach for me when the bus comes up and she pulls away quickly."T-thank you but t-the bus is here n-now." She looks away from me and hurries into the bus.
I am in awe of her. So much so that I get distracted by watching her, and I let that damned bus take her away. Once I relayed everything that just happened in my mind, I try to force myself to accept the truth.

I, Xavier, a monster, was given a mate.

~Aurora~

Sitting on the bus, I stare back behind me at the bus stop until it was no longer in my sight. He seemed...warm, and good. Too good for me. I was scared to look at him, to touch him before. He is a stranger, and yet...I wanted to. He is tall, with dark hair. He had a toned body and tan skin. Some facial hair and dark eyes. Oh my gosh, those eyes. I could have looked into them for so long had he let me. Had the bus not stopped me from my trance I would have held his hand too. What is wrong with me? He is a stranger Aurora snap out of it, I tell myself. But I just kept thinking about him. Why he was there? Why he was trying to help me out of the rain? A random act of kindness that will not leave my mind no matter how hard I try to think of anything else.

Before, standing there in the rain, I had felt nothing. Then he was there, and I suddenly felt everything. I wonder if I will ever see him again. If I even deserved to. If I even deserved him. I feel the bus come to a stop. Everyone starts to get out. I am the last one to leave. Stepping off of the bus, the rain is still heavy. I hold my bag close to me while I walk to class. I try to focus on the lesson. I try to read my book. I try to draw. No matter what I do, I never once think of anything else...but him.

~Xavier~

Before the bus gets too far, Chase and I, follow it.
"Alpha, the counsel is not going to be happy about you missing the meeting," Chase says.

"Fuck the counsel. It's my mate, Chase."

"Then let's find her." He continues to drive a little ways behind the bus. Enough to see it, but not enough to be noticed. We follow it to a nearby high school.

We park on the road and waited. I watch as everyone exits the bus. I almost thought we followed the wrong one until she steps out. Every single time I see her, I am In awe. My whole body feels more alive than it had ever has before.

I know what school she goes to. This was a start. I watch as my little mate walks into the building to class. I can hear her breathing for a while until she is too far away. She is tired, I can sense it.

As we start to drive away, back to the pack house. I can tell my beta wants to say something.
"What is it, Chase?" I ask. He is hesitant to talk but does anyway.

"She is going to change everything."

"I know." She isn't just going to change everything. She is everything.