Chapter Fourteen: Good

~Aurora~

His eyes are boring into mine as if to see if I am real. If I am actually here.

Yes, M-mark me Xavier, Please.

The words echo in my mind as we stand here in the forest of our home.

He stalks over to me, taking me by the waist and putting his head into my neck, kissing it.

I can not even explain the pleasure his touch sends me. I still struggle to feel deserving, but right now, I decide not to fight it.

He kisses my neck from below my ear to my collarbone.

"This will hurt at first Aurora, but I'll be as gentle as I can," he says against my neck. I remain still, awaiting the pain of his bite.

"O-okay." I say as I nod.

Before I can think I feel his canines graze my neck and bite down. A wave of pain hits me before I am overcome by pleasure and euphoria. This is different than before, this is not a mark out of fear but a mark out of...love. A mark we both wanted.

As he retracts his teeth from my neck, he looks into my eyes. His face is the last thing I see before I feel myself fade away.

~Xavier~

My little mate. So precious and small and beautiful. After I marked her, she fell asleep. I am not surprised as she is human and the mark can take a lot out of anyone.

When I bit her, I could feel everything she was feeling. She felt peaceful and pleased. She felt...loved. That is because she is even if I have not said it. A part of me is afraid she won't say it back. The other part of me that has loved her since I first met her, is dying to express it. In more ways than one.

But I need to be patient with her. I need to be the man she needs and wait until she is ready to make her fully mine. I have become grateful; for her large clothing. I am not sure how well I could hold back me and my wolf if she showed her body off more. Fuck.

Mate is ours. Mate is happy with us. 

My wolf says. He has never been so content than when we marked out mate. His rage for Tom has subsided. Not gone away but been placed aside, until we can handle it. For now, we want to be with our mate.

"Rory" I say, sitting beside her on the bed trying to gently wake her. She might feel a little groggy.

I watch as she yawns and rubs her eyes. Her eyes meet mine and she smiles. Fuck that smile. I will only ever need that smile to be happy.

"Your mark healed well. It has a darker scar because of my bloodline as an Alpha but it looks beautiful on you." The scars of my mark on her fill me with pride and comfort. She's ours.

"T-thank you, Xavier." She says blushing and sitting up in the bed.

"Since I marked you yesterday you have been out like a light. if I couldn't hear your steady heartbeat I would have gotten worried."

If I could look at her all day I would. I continue and tell her about my plans for the day.

"I have a meeting today with Chase about Tom. He said he had an update. I informed him to let the pack know what was going on since I did not want to leave you after the marking. He is coming to the house soon. But also..." Chase found out more about Aurora's birth dad. I just forgot to mention I had him looking into it. "Chase he um...I asked him to look into your birth dad. He has an update on that as well." I say, watching as confusion takes over her face and her smile falls.